Ban multiboxing

No. One keypress means that if you press jump, your character will jump. It won’t jump AND start casting without any further input.

If you really want to get pedantic, I could build a silly contraption that would be just like a ye ol’ typewritter but use the mechanism to push multiple keyboards at once.

1 Like

You could really throw a spanner is his works and just point out macros that do what he is saying is against tos

You left out the ‘per client’ bit.

One keypress, one action per client.

6 Likes

Ever heard of macros? You know (or don’t), the mechanic IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT that allows you to take multiple actions at the click of ONE button? Sure it’s an in-game mechanic, but what about a mouse that can add macros to buttons through the mouse third-party software? Their systems seem to be fine with it, just like multi-boxing.

/run for i=1,120 do PickupAction(i)ClearCursor()end
This macro does 3 things. If you want to try it out for yourself, knock yourself out.

I should really just mute all these whine threads.

1 Like

nah just set out a :cheese: platter and invite friends over for a social gathering

What was that supposed to prove? That’s a blue’s personal opinion…on sequence macroes, not multiboxing.

The keypress statement still stands. One action per keypress, per instance of WoW. Multiboxing doesn’t break that rule (not to say some players do, but the software itself is not doing anything that is not expressly allowed by Blizzard).

1 Like

You mean blizzard stop responding to these because people like me know a few multi boxers and their reasons why they play the game? Or is it because people like me thinks they have the rights to spend their money on wow how they see fit? I’m sure people have other reasons for multiboxing but from my limited experience these reasons do actually fit.

Multi boxing isn’t cheating and you can do it if you want. But I think it is a waste of time and money. If you are upset at me because you think I want multi boxers banned. You are talking to the wrong person.

nice you said that on a forum

I love it , I cheat so therfor you suck since you don’t WOW

sounds like an oxymoron to me.

2 Likes

Hi, I am 5 hunters. I feel like a bit of the hate that people throw towards multiboxers is due to the fact that they don’t personally know any. I am willing to bridge that gap. Feel free to message or reply to me any time and I will prove to you that we are just people doing normal, people things. Some of us are good. Some of us are bad, but behind every cluster of identical toons is a person just like you.

It doesn’t matter to them, in their minds “if you box, you are scum”. Good luck trying to educate them.

I’m not trying to educate anyone. Most boxers probably just seem creepy and robotic to the people blasting us on here because for many boxers, typing on one toon hits all the abilities on their other toons.

Is this our daily “ban multiboxing” thread?

Multiboxing is not botting - there is someone controlling those characters
Blizzard is the ultimate authority regarding what is and isn’t okay in game
Multiboxing has always been, is currently, and will likely always be perfectly fine according to Blizzard

Stop making these threads.

3 Likes

It is not contradictory. You just refuse to understand it.

Each character is performing a single action in response to a single button being pressed by a human being.

If you think that is against the rules, then you have redefined the rules so broadly that everyone who has ever played the game should be banned.

3 Likes

and no one multiboxes in a blizzard competition.

would be quite a show to see a lone player pull it off and defeat all others becoming the first MBing world champion

it would be a feat on par with what Doubleagent pulled off and hes still on the panda starting island

You’re a taxation= theft person aren’t you.