Ban GDKPs In All But A Couple Cata Servers

Let’s test out how GDKPs actually affect the community.

I propose this:

1. Make a few servers that allow GDKP in Cata
  2. Ban GDKPs in non-GDKP servers
  3. Come down quick and hard on the gold buyers/sellers on non-GDKP servers, perma ban them after first offense.

It should be no problem for GDKPers, right? It’s best loot system ever, right? A GDKP server sounds like a utopia for the GDKP enthusiasts. Just make sure that they are quickly and permanently banned if they try it on non-GDKP servers. Keep them boxed into GDKP servers if that’s what they really want.

Let’s see how alive and healthy the communities of each server are after two phases of Cata. It will be an objective test.

4 Likes

Everything is gonna be okay, little guy.

3 Likes

Thanks for the bump

The community has already tested GDKPs for years and decided it’s just fine. Here is what Blizzard should do:

1. Leave it alone.

You go on to bring in gold trading which is not really relevant to the topic of GDKP. That said, it requires a distinction between token gold trading and non-token gold trading, which you fail to make.
:axe:

2 Likes

Just like with anti-cata players who constantly prove cata lives in their mind rent free, the anti-gdkp player also constantly proves that gdkps live in their mind rent free.

Funny how you never answered my question when I asked “If gdkps and rmt are so intricately linked, and that is why Blizzard banned it in SOD, then why haven’t they banned it in other versions since rmt is outright against tos?”

But you have enough energy to make a whole thread coping about it still.

Pathetic.

4 Likes

SoD banned GDKPs and what did it accomplish?

Are there more pugs?
no

Is there still a botting and gold selling economy?

Yes

Will groups take your rat alt out of the goodness of their hearts now?
no

6 Likes

Well for one GDKP isn’t the best loot system but it is the most fair.

Personally I think that people who so vehemently dislike GDKP’s are either people who don’t know how to make gold, don’t really know how GDKP’s work or are convinced that if GDKP’s didn’t exist neither would gold buying/selling.

3 Likes

you almost always have the most abhorrent takes in every thread i see you post in

2 Likes

fair, you think buying gold is fair. you’re adorable

GDKP doesn’t mean you buy gold, are you being intentionally dense?

3 Likes

Op is not happy that pugs won’t take him. Maybe try a guild that doesn’t use GDDKP. Don’t like GDKP raid then don’t join them? Why are you forcing others to play the game the way you want?

Non max level forum alt with 4 posts detected. Opinion rejected.

For some it does.

And for everyone else it means that fat gold cut you get came from Swipers. Then that gold is used in future GDKPs. Doesn’t take long before it’s riddled with RMT gold, even if you didn’t buy it illegally yourself.

1 Like

No GDKPs seems to be going well in SoD. So let’s test it in the rest of Classic. Have servers for GDKP and don’t allow them anywhere else. Shouldn’t be an issue if GDKPs aren’t all about RMT, right?

Yea, it is going really well in SoD without GDKP’s. Who cares that the raiding population dropped by 3/4 when they did it, at least there are no more bots or gold buyers.

1 Like

Which is also not even true. SoD still has them.

Yeah, 3/4s of the gold sellers left.

If raiders need RMT that badly in order to justify raiding then there are plenty of mobile games that will fit their playstyle.

When RMT is used to skip content all that means is the content is not worth the time to play. Learning to delay gratification is an important part of growing up and becoming an adult.

I just hope they ban soft reserve next, still too many people running raids that aren’t in a guild.

2 Likes

No you don’t. I get it you’re salty someone would suggest banning RMT from game.

I usually don’t post on forums because the majority of it is the vocal minority who cries and cries until blizzard does something but the GDKP ban on SoD blew my mind and if it begins to threaten wotlk/cata classic I’m gonna be upset.

All of these claims of it promoting RMT is ridiculous , look at SoD. Still tons of bots and still tons of gold sellers.

GDKP raids are worlds better than MS/OS , people don’t leave because they are motivated by money. Players are typically better performers because the raids I run require basic things like doing mechanics and pulling your weight.

I don’t try to tell people how to play the game, they can play however they want and would appreciate it if the anti gdkp crowd left the way that I play alone.

6 Likes