Ban gdkp and lock transfers to rp classic era realms

Please blizzard, DO NOT end transfers to RP variant servers. Ban GDKPs? Sure. Shut off FCMs? Sure. Paid transfers? No way.

Look, you don’t need blizzard to do these things to build community. Community is built by us the players from the ground up. Its done through hard work and we have all the tools we need in Era to do it today.

You know I’ve been frequently on these forums Alpha, doing just that for nearly two years. Without transfers, we’d have to have people completely re roll on Grobbulus. We would not have made it from the small 10 person guild that cleared MC to the 35 person army that took out KT if blizzard had ended transfers.

This is not the answer.

Build the community and culture you wish to see. Relying on blizzard to add safety rails is a short term fix that ultimately will not build the authentic community you seek. And ending paid transfers to all RP variant servers will be detrimental to community, not helpful. There already is DD which they’ve disabled transfers for to aid the fresh reroll movement. Go there if you seek a realm with no transfers, but please do not advocate on behalf of all RP servers to end transfers when they are vital to our guilds on Grobbulus today.

Every post I make, we get one or two players curious who ends up transferring over. If I had to ask each of those players to reroll fresh, we’d be toast. We’d never have cleared AQ or Naxx, and I’d have no way to combat natural attrition or seasonality of players.

Do not end transfers to RP servers blizzard, thank you.

7 Likes