Bamboozled

It really seems the “fun” being asked to be added is that you can have a level 70 character in one 3-hour play session. Again, even with a first time cloak, you don’t even have to do HALF the zones. Not even close.

It’s faster if you just play the game like a normal person yes. These people saying it’s slower are talking about very specific methods that don’t hold up if you decide to level in any other way.

2 Likes

The same crowd who ruined the entire leveling arc of Classic by spamming Scarlet Monastery runs.

Remix wasn’t advertised as a slow leveling journey though.

12 Likes

well, personally i would actually enjoy it if we had to earn the super fast XP rate implied by the promotional 300%+ XP bonus in the Remix images, and those were passed 1:1 down to alts

what does feel bad and unfun is having most of our progress from our mains axed on our alts, tbh. this is a temporary event primarily focused around leveling, and dungeons are disproportionately slow compared to the XP reward while LFR gives practically no rewards at all anymore

im enjoying the event, but it would be way better if blizz wasn’t nerfing XP gain in every possible direction

7 Likes

it’s not slow. it’s normal.

well it’s not slow, but it is slower than the optimal retail leveling route right now. which is pretty contrary to the advertising of the event, both explicit and implied, and the impression people had of the event that was held up by the PTR until release day.

at the very least, dungeons and LFR right now feels completely unrewarding in every respect, both with respect to cloak progress and XP gain

7 Likes

Only reason i’m playing is for the mounts and mog. Lvling an alt is one of the last things i needed to do, either way with the amount of rewards remix have, we’d prob get so much grind on another type of content (like plunderstorm) that most of the time spent would be the same we are lvling alts but at least we always get the currency so u can start buying what you want at like lvl 15.

its what…day 2? How fast were we supposed to level?

Yeah it’s not what was advertised, and tons of people have already quit it.

4 Likes

Alright, which Youtuber used the phrase ‘bait and switch’

This is a fair point honestly. I don’t mind the leveling speed for my first character, but it’s the fact that the carry over to alts is pathetic and hard capped at 100% that bothers me. The longevity of the event is from leveling alts, gaining near unlimited power, building your perfect gem combo, and grinding bronze for the loot you want.

9 Likes

This! I’d feel totally fine with the current pace on my first character, I just really liked the idea of earning huge XP bonuses for my alts. Especially because 90% of what I do on this game is leveling new characters, the idea of having that momentum carry over was really interesting. :smiley:

6 Likes

Its not faster. You can get 70 in a day in retail right now despite all the xp nerfs in retail. I think people just havent leveled many characters recently…they definitely dont know about heirlooms because a lot of people keep talking about how the gear that they have to stop and adjust frequently is somehow making their leveling experience faster than overpowered gear that autolevels up with you so no micromanaging needed.

This is nowhere even close to how fast leveling used to be with xp heirloom, xp potions, and xp buff in spires in Draenor timewalking. Not even a quarter of the speed.

Maybe if you are a new player to the game you may think this is fast. This is your 2nd or 3rd character. But anyone experienced leveling a lot of characters knows differently.

8 Likes

A day, as in 24 hours of /played time?

The average person is absolutely nowhere near getting 70 in a single day of playing in retail.

It was advertised as rapid leveling. I think the bulk of time we expected to spend was farming currency at max level for cosmetics. I assume the currency income is higher at higher levels?

8 Likes

No…not even close to 24 hours. You should look at the speed run times. Lets put it this way…there are videos on youtube of speed runs to max all in one video…and youtube has a max limit of 12 hours. Pretty sure the record is 3.5-5 hours and you can get an addon that follows the exact route and explains everything for you as you are doing it.

3 Likes

Why would I look at speed run times? That’s a small fraction of the player base and was not the intended target of the “Remix is faster” comment.

Of course it’s not going to be faster than the world record speed run. What a stupid thing to think.

Because then you would realize just how little time it takes…you said 24 hours…its not even close that. You could take 4 times the amount of time of speed runners and still be under 24 hours.

Thats why i told you to look it up. So you would know just how fast it is to level in Retail and how this MoP remix is nowhere close to being overpowered and extreme fast leveling as they claimed and advertised.

2 Likes

Because they’re not comparing it to speed runs, I don’t know why you think they would. Of course it’s not going to be fast compared to speed runs, that wasn’t the intention. They weren’t going to let you churn out a 70 in 2 hours.

I know how long it takes to get 1-70 in retail, I have over 50 alts and 30 of them are level 70. The average run to 70 doing questing and dungeons like normal with no xp boosts or anything else speed runners rely on is around 20 hours give or take.

THAT’S what they are referring to when they say Remix is faster when you’re leveling up multiple alts. They’re not referring to speed runners when they say Remix is faster.