Bald man protests against bots

:man_shrugging: I wasn’t out in Nazmir checking, I was being annoyed on Overwatch because the first quest was bugged (a bit) lol

If your hope is for one day there will be 0 bots then yes. Blizz would have to change the way they ban players, I suggested in another thread (at least I think it was another thread) that they ban the payment method used along with the account and all accounts that used that payment method.

So if you paid for your main account with
Miriel Dathremar
4000 2200 1688 2622

and also paid with that card for all your bot accounts then when the bots accounts get banned that card wouldn’t be usable anymore for any Blizzard product and your main account would also be banned.

1 Like

Well, I use cards with codes so theres a workaround there. I think if they pay through PayPal Blizz wouldnt have the CC info either.

Paypal does something similar I think; it collates all the information to ensure user identity and protection.

I hope Blizz reads your answer, it makes a lot of sense. :seedling:

I really don’t understand their spawn formulas… Some stuff it is like trying to get an audience with the Pope in the time it takes stuff to spawn… and I’m not talking some of those old one of a kind rares back in vanilla… I’m talking within the last several expansions. Then you have other stuff (and it always seems when you have to go underground) that spawn again right on top of you just as you killed a mob.

I get that not every mob, or group of mobs can have the same timer… but as a player that has been one of my biggest gripes.

Are you seriously complaining that Asmon “lagging” the server is equally serious as a swarm of bots? Do you really believe that Asmon inviting people, who where not casting any spells by the way, causes more lag than 50 druids all casting starfall?

Really, you are just trying too hard.

1 Like

honestly, tokens are fun but they’ve created a huge mess in the form of these types of mass botting operations. most of these bot accounts are likely paid for via token, gift cards, virtual card numbers, etc.

There’s workarounds with any method and I don’t know what the receiving end looks like for a paypal purchase but I would imagine the email is at least there. And paypal can take 2 days to send you the $0.01 for you to confirm your bank information.
It would be a longer process to get back into botting than simply making a new email.

The moonkins may be lagging the server somewhat but Asmongold inviting more players is just going to further the problem. How can you be so sure that everyone there is a bot? Blizzard does take care of bots but it’s a revolving door. Mass scale protests are stupid and won’t solve anything besides ruining the fun for others who just want to log in and play the game.

2 Likes

putting on my conspiracy theory tinfoil hat I think that will never happen because bots=accounts=$$$ for bli$$ard

1 Like

I bet you’re the type to stay silent on real-life issues too right ?? Unless it fits your agenda of course. Absolutely pathetic and gutless mate …

7 Likes

Man, you are just delusional.

3 Likes

Look up the cost of an Argentinean sub. Plenty of them spin up accounts claiming they come from countries that have sub rates that are really cheap.

Essentially all Blizz can do is what they’re doing: stomp out the source. It’s not perfect and it never will be.

1 Like

But they are not stomping the source (as far as I know). They only nerf stuff that ruins the fun for all of us. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a nerf to starfall in the near future. Sorry druids T_T

Forgot this thread is full of Asmongold supporters. Can’t argue logic when there is none.

2 Likes

I am talking about breaking the bot permanently, which they did back in Legion with the most popular one and it caused them to close up shop on retail (as far as I know it still is).

1 Like

I argued with logic but you just ignored the posts. So… victim card denied

2 Likes

How is that a logical response?

Yeah over time Warden learns about more programs and it becomes easier to ban botters but of course botters just come up with different software

While the game is running, Warden uses API function calls to collect data on open programs on the user’s computer and sends it back to Blizzard servers as hash values to be compared to those of known cheating programs.

Im just paraphrasing your drivel.

1 Like