Balancing tanks in PVP, everyone has the right to play spec they want

Actually kind of miffed it hasn’t gotten more pve buffs that carried over.

This season is all Vengeance and Guardian. (In keys, and probably RBGs too)

Prot Paladin for keys here

1 Like

I like Prot personally. They’re a Swiss Army Knife like Rsham.

I actually had a blast tanking this season. I’ll probably tank some more when TWW S1 starts

1 Like

I imagine Ill be skipping M+ season 1. I’m super pumped for RBGB–may do a few delves but honestly think I’ll just BG 24/7. Lol

When the Arena doors open the tanks get sent into a spirit realm, can only see each other and all damage they do to each other is converted to healing/shields to their party in the real realm. It would fulfill the class fantasy of being gladiator apes duking it out to be able to have their team say “tank diff” at the end of each round.

I find brewmaster the funnest tank but its the bottom of the barrel for pvp so yes we need a buff

Tanks also need PvP practice, I think it’s kinda weird how a whole role gets excluded from pvp, shows the devs and leadership need more creativity in that area. I think taunts should work in PvP, but have a cooldown. Need to give tanks a way to keep damage off of others by making the target not be able to break focus from them for like 3 seconds.

I’m curious

how are tanks even remotely op in arena?

they are neutered to to take 75?% more damage, and do very poor damage

the only tank that maybe kill you is bear druid because they spec into their dps side.

most damage you see id pure fluff ae damage

the real problems are mages and warlocks, who

are tanks
can heal at will
do crazy damage
and cc you infinately

ya that’s called taunt

and it should work to pull an enemies target to the tank

just like it does in Warhammer online

They’re not, but BDK isn’t bad with MS+FW because there are no real kill targets and they can kinda auto win vs most melee+caster teams by locking down the caster entirely and creating a “2.5 v 2”.

its really cool the way he’s queued a total of 16 games and even when he loses multiple times @ 2.6 he still gains rating. of those 16 games he’s lost 6 went even on 3 and won 7.

not to mention the likelyhood of being griefed is exponentially less at higher mmr because players care about their rating more than griefing a tank.

but ya lets just ignore all of this and make a funny post!!

also i’m pretty sure the comp (at least in eu) they run is like bdk/unh/pres , which i don’t think i have to explain pretty run it down comp much like ret/war or dh/unh.

I always loved having to grab food and drinks when I see a tank in my lobby and on my team when I use to do rss. Was a great time for rr breaks also

People don’t really grief tanks. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Had a bdk sign up to my lfg when I had it listed for 2s. I invited and was like “naw, don’t play with tanks” and then uninvited.

BDK 2s with an rdruid, pres or fw is actually an okay time. :dracthyr_love_animated: Probs not Priest, though.

1 Like

i cant post links i don’t think but, ya this is just from when i started compiling there is way more :rofl:
https:// imgur. com /a/ XDm31O9

i’d like to mention before someone is like “they are just bad” for some of these, most of them made it clear they had no intention of listening to a bdk before doing something like going the wrong target or standing in the middle of the arena.

also i’m like 2.3 mmr in 2s w a disc priest :rofl: its the best healer for bdk in 2s by a mile

Like, people will groan but afks/trolls are pretty rare unless it’s some nelf rogue with an anime name on tich that was gonna go 0-6 anyways. As long as you’re trying and not egging people on it’s usually chill. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

1 Like

Oh I definitely would if I still did rss and I have in the past when I did goof off in rss.