Bait and Switch is an illigal business practice

Just ask SOE.

It isn’t exactly fair to people who pay for boosts with a reasonable expectation to pvp for gear before entering outlands, that is why it is a level 58 boost right?

By baiting people with honor payouts, and cutting them by 90% after people have boosted a toon is total BS.

The honor was close to correct before the nerf. I know, I was there grinding in 2007.

Bait and switch didn’t work out too well for SOE despite having the only star wars licensed mmo at the time.

28 Likes

I don’t think you understand the law as well as you think you do

8 Likes

Even if the post is a bit of a meme, he’s got a point lol

10 Likes

not really

The honor nerf sucks but it is not a bait and switch. we bought access to tbc classic: you received tbc classic.

Just because Blizzard hot fixes or adds or changes content does not make it illegal.

1 Like

Aren’t you cute! Sticking up for papa blizz blizz!

6 Likes

I’m not saying it’s illegal at all, just that blizz kinda a scumbag for changing honor

6 Likes

something not being illegal can still be impractical from a business perspective, that will ruin the trust of their player base.

6 Likes

Not a big deal to me, but they also advertised everywhere boosted characters would get 14 slot runecloth bags and dungeon blues, and we got terrible greens and brown bags lmao

7 Likes

Don’t make a post claiming something is illegal because you don’t like a hotfix.

2 Likes

The word you are looking for is unethical.

The modern days of terms of use, blizz could just drop everyone’s level to 40 and offer a boost back to 60.

Offering boosts to 58, changing the honor system temporarily, then nerfing it by 90% is unethical, and bait and switch.

Based on the honor rate of actual 2007 pre patch, people had a reasonable expectation to be able to grind out at least a pvp set for one or 2 characters.

2 Likes

Re-read Op’s post and ctrl+f the word illegal… and then slap yourself

1 Like

It’s in the title doofus

2 Likes

Is this what you think qualifies you as an expert in something?

Technically it isn’t

have you read the TOS before you say things like what they are doing is illegal i’m pretty sure you have read the TOS because you are clearly a lawyer but just making sure

Dude - first in order for this to be bait and switch can you show me where they sold the game to you with the promise or the lure of high honour battlegrounds for pre patch?

Yes, the TOS might say they can stick a pickle in your mother, that doesn’t make it legal because they say it is.

Just ask SOE what the courts thought about that, I seem to remember they had a TOS too.

Regardless of whether this is illegal or not. I’m still disputing it tomorrow. I don’t know the law and I’m not gonna pretend I do, But I definitely feel baited.

4 Likes

High honor? Who said it was high honor? were you there?

Would you change your mind if they just turned off honor all together? that is effectively what they have done.

really? show it