Bags missing other than backpack - UPDATE w/ Fix

Game breaking is right! I can’t even use a hearthstone anymore…

So, I was able to get bag slots back, the original large green bags that new Evokers get showed up after I bought new bags from AH, but nothing in them! My new i272 staff is gone that my Evoker had equipped in hands, so I don’t know what to say- plus all the stuff that was in my bags, including my hearthstones!!!

Terrified of jinxing it, but since I did this the effected character has kept his bags between log-outs for 24 hours, which is unprecedented since the start of the pre-patch. But if it’s happening to someone on a new Evoker, I can’t imagine it’s the same problem causing the same issue…

Thanks for this, though

My bags just randomly reappeared for the past couple of days, very strange…

I logged in and I have no gear or bags. Item level 0. I’m completely naked!

So it looks like the issue causing this (at least for me) was the caches from the mission table in my mail. Once I cleaned those out and opened them my bags re appeared after a relog.

These are the steps I took (very similar to what I posted before).

1. Buy bags and equip them ( I recommend non boe ones if you are having the same issue on alts)
  2. Empty out your mail of any caches including the anniversary one. Open all of those caches.
  3. Empty your temporary bags as much as possible. I just mailed all the meat and fish to an alt.
  4. Relog and boom you should see your old bags in your new bags and can just re equip them.
  5. Mail the non boe bags to the next character you need to fix

This worked on all 3 characters I was missing bags on. No need to delete your character and restore it as the only reason that worked is because you need to clean out your mail to delete a character.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Just to clarify, this issue is not gone yet. To date, I have lost 22 bags to this.
Spoke with a GM who claimed that caches and other sub containers ~might~ be related to it, but that they didn’t know for certain still.
He sent 4 bags to help, which was great. Those disappeared after 3 logs.
GM said that hopefully a patch will fix things.
That was 3 patches ago.
I still have this problem ONLY on one character, and have taken to logging in to them first, in case it’s linked (somehow) to the first character you log in on.
Tested again earlier this week after buying a new set of bags. They lasted 2 logs before poofing… so… sadly, it’s still a problem.
Blizz? It would be GREAT if you could help tie up these loose ends so I could play with more than the 8 inventory slots that are perpetually eaten by grays and covenant garbage daily.

Also, for anyone else who’s having this issue…
If Blizz tries telling you that you have to do X, Y, or Z before they’ll try to help, please remember that you are actually the client and they’re providing support for a 18 year old product that they’ve had almost 2 decades to polish.
If they’re having issues with a fundamental part of the software… text, movement, spells, bags, inventory… that’s something they would have had to have CHANGED to break. That means that when they say you need to check the forums, it’s like a car dealer telling you to call someone else who owns the same make and model to fix your car. It’s stupid and dismissive.
In the end, they MADE the game, and if it is breaking with the new expansion, the most likely problem is some part of the expansion that changed the previous systems. That’s not the playerbase’s job to fix… that’s the company.
PLEASE, file the tickets and give them as much info as you can. Be polite and as helpful as you can manage, but do not let them handwave the issue away. YOU ARE PAYING them to maintain this service. When they refuse to acknowledge there ~is~ a problem, you (and everyone else like you) are being told that you aren’t important enough to waste their time on.
Go through their steps, but remember that if (like they say) it is really just a display issue, that’s something that THEY can systematically fix by coding in a check. It’s redundancy, it’s stupid, but it is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY FIXABLE.

highlights that they currently have a problem that they know how to fix and instead of fixing it, require us to do aftermarket steps (after even finding it) to fix it ourselves. That’s unnecessary. That’s a problem they can, and should, address.

1 Like

Well said Nrubluos. Yes it has not been fixed I been through numerous tickets saying they fixed it only to log in and its not fixed. Last one they actually took the stuff out of my backpack and restored it as a item restore. I never had a problem with my backpack or the stuff in it. Its the bags disappearing and the numerous bags I bought to equip for only to have them disappear the next day I logged in. I don’t get how some are getting it fixed and others are not. I did every single solution that has been presented with no luck. The affected toon is my main and all I ever want to play. This is totally game breaking - you can’t just play with a backpack. Its been longer then 3 months. And yes it was the pre-expansion patch with the new U.I. that caused this, that is when it started. I missed the pre-expansion events. I missed the new expansion. Been playing since 07 and never dealt with anything as game breaking as this. I feel they are handwaving the issue away. They answer the tickets but none of it pertains to the problem or fixes it.

Exactly. I’ve been keeping a running tally of what, when, and similar info.
They took that entire time and dismissed it/resolved it multiple times without a single acknowledgement of the issue. Literal copy/paste “we’re too busy to help” answers.

I finally got a live GM to read my ticket… my third or forth ticket.

I’ve closed my ticket at this point. I’m still keeping a running tally of bags (35 at the time of posting) and I drop some 6 slotters in about every week to see if they survive more than a day.

The ONLY thing that’s seemed consistent with my losses is that they only seem to impact the first character I log into… so I’ve gotten into the habit of logging into the character who has lost all those bags, log out, log into whatever character I want to play, and going from there. It’s stupid. It’s annoying. But until someone decides to put some actual time and effort into fixing it, that’s my solution that doesn’t fix the problem.

Shame we lost so many good customer service folks and GMs.

This isn’t something just affecting retail players btw. I play WotLK Classic and this has been an issue for me for the last few days, since patch day. I don’t have any caches or containers to be opened. Inventory in Classic is very limited without void storage, reagent banks, 30+ slot bags across the board. I’ve lost 5 sets of bags over the last few days, and this is my main. I cant carry equipment/consumables/shards and loot. I’m at a loss for what to do, and it seems like some of you have been dealing with this for months.

1 Like

Been happening to me as well, since the server reset in the afternoon of patch day. My ticket finally got answered at 4am, 10minutes after I logged off… typical blizzard didn’t want to talk to anyone.

“We’ve had a few similar reports of this problem so far, and our Bugzapping teams are aware of the problem and working diligently toward a fix. We’ll post any updates through our patch notes or Hotfixes as soon as we get them, and thanks for your ongoing patience!”

This is a 4 month old quality of play glitch that has just been ignored. I have resorted to deleting all my dumplings and Halloween wands and moving all my bags into my bank every time I log in and off.
It is just impossible to play with 4 sets of gear(not even including pvp) and 3 sets of consumables.

Here I made a reddit post to try reach out to more people.

please upvote.

Thanks so much for this fix, I also tried everything (apart from deleting my character, like wtf?) but nothing worked until I got rid of all caches in my mail.

Genuinely a new low for Blizz, never before have I seen such a severe case of incompetence in this game (been playing since TBC). Not even basic functionality properly working

1 Like