Bag size, tailors, Void Storage, and account-wide storage?

Topic is self-explanatory. :slight_smile: Quick search of the forums displays multiple topics about bag space/clutter just within the last week. The bag size issue was also brought up by Phenomenon here Suggestion - Bigger Bags last month, but I wanted to elaborate a bit more on the viability of tailors and potential for account-wide storage as well.

Bag Size and Clutter:
We have defeated multiple Old Gods, faction leaders, great value Dracula, and more, but still have only up to 34-slot bags available for tailors to craft? We need better, bigger, more epic bags for tailors to learn. This gives tailors something to look forward to (especially with gold-making!) and make it like the good olā€™ days where there was a daily/weekly cooldown on crafting the materials used for the bags if you must. Just give us something better. I feel like I used to make somewhat decent gold income from tailoring (mainly making bags) in Wrath/Cata/Mists but have had increasingly diminished returns and usefulness from this profession for awhile. It was useful for a bit in BfA (for personal gear) and now in Dragonflight with crafting gear w/ embellishments, but itā€™s not great for money-making.

Something to think about: we first got our first 30-slot tailoring bags in Warlords of Draenor. We have only increased the tailorā€™s crafting power to give a whopping 4 more slots per bag since November 2014. Almost 9 years, and barely an increase in ā€œskillā€ as a tailor to make better bags.

Every subsequent patch, ESPECIALLY since Shadowlands (and the Korthia patch in particular where it started to get bad), our bags get bloated by random items, currency, grey items, gear (which maybe we need to hold onto when the catalyst comes back to convert to tier/transmog), and consumables. On top of that we now have THREE DIFFERENT QUALITY TIERS of herbs, ore, leather, cloth, etc that fill our bags and reagent bank.

Getting rid of everything that isnā€™t the top quality would be the easy and simple solution, but itā€™s not viable for people who want to collect things in this game. Someone decided for some reason that the vendors like to take 2 star/silver quality material for the renown rewards, so we still hold onto those or purchase them later to trade.

Void Storage:
Going to be honest, I forgot Void Storage existed until about a month ago. Many of the people I talk about Void Storage to recently donā€™t use it due to the following reasons:

• forgot it exists also
  • not many items are even eligible to store there
  • gear has gems/enchants removed from it if stored

Perhaps devs could revamp the Void Storage (perfect opportunity to do it since professions and other aspects of this game have received a revamp!) system and turn it into an account-wide bank. Since we already have region-wide consumables for purchase on the auction house, perhaps void storage could be our new ā€˜reagent bankā€™ and we can turn our current one into regular bank space. I feel like this would be a nice system to help alleviate bag space while not messing too much with the markets/economies of individual servers by allowing gears/pets/mounts to go in an account-wide storage. It could also help get ride of a lot of ā€œbank altsā€ people need in order to manage their character inventory.

On a final note reiterating one of my complaints about bag clutter: please stop making so many random currencies that go in our bags. We have a currency tab. Please just have things like the random anima items, unearthed fragrant coins, barter bricks, coveted baubles, and even marks of honor go to our currency tab. We already have storm sigils, valor, honor, conquest, elemental overflow, darkmoon prize tickets, and a ton of other items there so itā€™s not like the technology doesnā€™t exist.

16 Likes

Honestly I forgot void storage was a thing still as well! Agreed though, bigger inventory bags would be amazing and YES I also would love more usage of our currency tab than an inventory item.

With a PvP set, differences in dungeon/raid sets, and even weapons and items for different specs not including so many items Iā€™ve collected over the various expansions, keeping my inventory in check has become a major hassle and thereā€™s quite a few things I feel that shouldnā€™t require a physical item. A rework to inventory options and sizes would be most appreciated and welcomed!

6 Likes

I agree that player storage needs to be expanded. Especially with all of the expansion related items theyā€™re forcing into the bags this expansion. (Almost like theyā€™re trying to make up for the years where they were removing things from the bags because we didnā€™t like things going into the bagsā€¦ What a 180 degree turn that is.)

For veteran players this issue of constantly throwing stuff into the bags for the player to hold onto, or remove to their future detriment, is getting out of hand. After YEARS of playing this game, I simply do NOT have the bank space to throw all this stuff into. I already have a bank alt, which has an entire reagent tab filled with the Zereth Mortis stuff. *Letā€™s not even mention that most of these items youā€™re throwing into our bags are now BoP, and those that arenā€™t are BoA (Which means if your bank alt also has a guild as a extended bank you canā€™t place those into there).

is the new requirement for veteran players to have said bank Alt(s)? Weā€™ve had the same bank sizes since Vanilla (bag sizes have increased, but the amount of bags you can put in there has not). and the Reagent bank also has never increased yet you decided this expansion that ā€œHey, why notā€¦ For stupid reason #7 letā€™s make everything have 3 different versions of themselves and then make it mandatory to have certain levels of those items in order to procure vendor stuff.ā€ (I already feel bad for the players who attempt to go back to Dragonflight in the future attempting to get these items if they didnā€™t get them now.)

I seriously HOPE that this multiple level garbage is NOT in development for whatever 11.0 is shaping out to be. Or if you are going to keep this system, you had BETTER increase our bank spaces and bag sizes.

6 Likes

It is humorous that when the FF14 team realizes high quality items shouldnā€™t be a thing for everything in their game that the WoW team decides to make all mats have THREE separate qualities.

Having 3 qualities in nearly everything is kind of frustrating. And the reminder with the Onyxia cloak that some things are good to hold on to, my main has almost no room left in her bank at all and a constant juggling of items to keep some spaces clear in her bags. We have bricks, boulders, coins and baubles. I wish those could go in the currency tab.

Account wide storage is a very interesting thing. SW:Tor has it and itā€™s definitely useful.

Account wide storage would help, I agree.

I agree this is a consequence of the three/five quality system. But I like that system, I think itā€™s good for crafting and the economy. As a blacksmith I love the new crafting system, even if I would love more crafting variety, more tool options, more weird incensesā€¦

About bagsā€¦ There is a wider issue, created by a lot of small issues :

• Too many items are 3-levels. Some should be one quality only.
  • To raid or M+ you need Phials, DPS Potion, several Health Potion, Runes and/or Stones, Food, and all of this can come in 3 qualities , that a lot of space + Warlock Healthstones
  • New type of items (like alloys) recreating the bars of the old days. 3 times.
  • You likely need some items (like a shovel) to travel the world efficiently.
  • Our crafting tools are not taking space. Except when you need to have two stuffs, incenseā€¦
  • Crests and Rousing items taking two spaces
  • Current itemization means you should have a complete new stuff for a 2nd spec.
  • Reputation tokens to give can stay in your bag quite a while because there is only one PNC to take these per faction.
  • Treasures can give you useless things (like potions) you will have to sell.
  • Some crafting talents generate items too (like gems with mining).
  • Crafting reagents for fishing can stay a long time in your bags as they are hard to loot three times.
  • 10.0.5 gave stuffs for other specs/alts and stones for a ring. Neat ideas, but space consuming too.
  • 10.1 gave new reagents over an already full system for crafting.

Taken separately, all of these issues are minor. Together they really put your bag space under pressure.

While weā€™re are talking bags :
Some addons allow to find items with text search, reorder automatically or sell all greys.
All of this should be baseline.

Iā€™m still looking for an addon to filter bags by type of product (stuff, food, gems, recently added etcā€¦).

1 Like