Bag problem with new UI

Oooh, you mean the right hotbars. I was picturing the horizontal ones, lol.

Uh. You can close some of the bags temporarily so that only one or two are open?

Yeah. I hate that. And I hate using 1 big bag. But even addons are only moving the 1 big bag and not the small ones

There is a way to undo that.

Open options and do a search for “bag”. You can uncheck it to have the old way back.

I personally like having combined bags, but we all have different preferences.

2 Likes

Responding to multiple comments:

I’m not using the one big bag.

The problem is with the horizontal bars.

The resolution, as per the game is 3456x2234 which I believe is the default for my Mac.

I’ve tried moving things around and no matter what I do, things get covered up.

Closing bags temporarily is a pain because it means having to open and close multiple bags, multiple times, to move a few things around. I shouldn’t have to do that…

3 Likes

So the bag windows are getting covered up by other UI elements, or am I misunderstanding? Can you post a screenshot (surround url with ` marks).

script to move combined bags here:

2 Likes

Here are two pics (I hope they are viewable). In the first, you can see the bag over the horizontal action bars. (image: https://imgur.com/A0W5mZG) In the second, after I pick up an object (which you can’t really see - the cursor holding the object doesn’t appear for some reason), you can see the bag obscured by the horizontal action bars. (Image: https://imgur.com/IBi5G3e)

1 Like

I just moved them temporarily and then moved them back. You’re right, it is super annoying.

Yea I have this same issue.

Simply, the action bars on the bottom overlap the bags when they are opened.

If you click on something in the back, the action bars pop forward, covering the bags. The ghetto solution is to 8 puzzle your gear so you can close the bags and get yours in a spot that’s not being overlapped.

The other solution (which I have yet to try) is to move the action bars down to make sure they do no overlap. I don’t know of they need to be completely out of the way vs, say, “half” out of the way so you can drop your stuff in to your bags using the “top” half, and the action bar using the “lower” half depending on the exact pixel location of your mouse.

1 Like

Dude. You said you have a resolution of 3456x2234?

You must have that UI scale cranked up to gigantic proportions. What’s the point of such a high resolution if you’re going to blow the UI scale up so high?

I’m running WoW Windowed + Maximized at 1440p (2560x1440) native resolution and it looks exactly like it does in this pic.

Now, I moved the bars to the side in favor of putting unit frames directly beneath my character’s feet so I don’t have to look in the top-left, and yes the one bag does go over the bar, but I can close one of the bags if I need to move items around.

The resolution appears to be the default for my Mac. I’m on a laptop so if the resolution is like yours, I can’t read/see anything.

I genuinely wish there was some way to move where the bags open. Then players can set things up any way they like and not have issues like this.

1 Like

The laptop thing is one of the issues with the new UI. I’d have to guess all of this was designed on wide-screen monitors with those in mind for implementation and was never tested on smaller screens. The oversized minimap, the tiny menu buttons, the tiny fonts and the unavoidable overlays seem to indicate this.

3 Likes

I can never understand why laptops and other devices with small displays want to crank resolution up so high, only to have to bloat the UI scale up just so you can see what you’re trying to read and/or interact with, lol.

It makes no sense to be honest. I don’t think anything with an 11 inch screen should be trying to display anything higher than 1080p TBH, for this reason alone.

Then, games get released, and they are designed so that resolutions 1440p+ are assuming you have a 27inch+ display, and then people complain buttons are too small and then we get stuff like this new WoW UI with GIANT FREAKING BUTTONS because of said people.

I have a 32 inch display and I don’t need buttons bigger than my thumb on a 1440p resolution, thanks.

However, if I adjust the UI scale, this also shrinks down fonts to uncomfortably small levels so I either have to shrink it and squint to read anything, or, I gotta put up with buttons that are 2x bigger than they need to be.

My beef with the new bags is that they fill from the top down now, previously they filled from the bottom up (as they should). Can this be fixed in settings somewhere and i just missed it?

I’m so happy for you that you are satisfied with the current situation, and don’t understand why other people make other choices.

I never said I was satisfied with the current situation.

I am just expressing the fact that these situations are created by dumb decisions on the parts of people making such hardware and also exacerbated by game designers, not just in WoW, but in other games too.

We’ve seen the same problem in other games, such as the Final Fantasy re-releases on Steam-PC where they have GIANT HUGE GAUDY BUTTONS because the old re-releases (not the pixel remasters) were ported from the phone games, and so the UI took up over half the screen with buttons big enough you could fit your entire finger on.

There are addons like bagnon that will help with this, when it gets fully functional. :stuck_out_tongue: Right now the movable bag windows works with a combined view, but the bank will not open with it running. It has worked fully earlier but things are still changing therefore addons break and sometimes break basic WoW functionality.

Note edit: 10/28 Unable to find switch for multiview in bagnon. Would have sworn that I have used a version that supports keeping the bags separate but movable.

I never really liked bagnon. I can’t tell you why now because it’s been a while… The one thing I know about bagnon that I did not like was that it forces everything into one bag which, as I said above, I do not want and do not like. I used to use BankItems but that is no longer supported and won’t work with the new version so, I don’t know. I may have to search around for a new add-on. But, right now, more than half of the add-ons I was using are non-functional.

How about making new drops go into the bottom of your bag. I used to reverse bag slot order with bagnon and i had found a fix with the prepatch that worked (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/45020) but as soon as the drakes dropped Tuesday it doesn’t work anymore or at least with brand new toons.