Bad piece of mail crashing game

I’ve got one particular piece of mail that crashes the game any time I select or hover the cursor over it. Addons such as Baganator that ping all the items in the mailbox upon opening the mailbox crash the game immediately.

This occurs with all addons disabled, and after a full UI reset. (Renaming folders to Old)

This is from mailing a bunch of stuff from my character Zzwarlock to Zdeathknight. Problem is occurring on Zdeathknight, Wyrmrest Accord. I have submitted an in-game ticket, who said to perform a full UI reset, which I had already done. I then submitted a bug report.

Is there really nothing a GM can do in game? If not, I guess I can’t use bag addons with this character until the problem is fixed.

5 Likes

A green txt poster suggested to change your password to reset server side vars…

Not sure if it works…

Same issue for me, disabled all addons, changing password, nothing worked. Since I assume this is the same issue, here is my ReportID: 9CD7351D-015A-4747-9186-7060C7BD3623

1 Like

Open a ticket and add that code…
Only they know what it means.

Ok thanks, sorry never actually done that before.

No need to be sorry.
If you look at the bottom of your DXDiag report… You might get a hint of the issue.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue. I manage to narrow down the item that is causing this to ‘Netherweave Net’.

I’m not sure if the same issue but I could not get it out of the mailbox without crashing. One time it finally worked and then I just delete the item. I have not crashed yet.

I didn’t have any addons enabled through out.

Having issues with this as well on only 1 of my characters. I can’t figure out the specific item, but I believe it’s one of the faction specific items I try to sell on the AH.

I’ve opened up 2 tickets with CS and both have stated to attempt to reset my interface (which I have) and that they can’t help further. So I’ve been directed to the forums in hope of a solution.

1 Like

Happening on one of my toons too. He has 2 pieces of mail that will cause crash to desktop when moused over. If using baganator, instant crash when opening mailbox. I saw another thread indicating they had same issue when mousing over Delicious Chocolate Cake, which coincidentally, is what is in one of my mail items. There must be other items causing this too, because only one of my mails has a cake. Sure hope it’s fixed soon.

I’ve also tried with all addons disabled, just as confirmation it wasn’t addon related, and issue still occurs. It just doeesn’t happen immediately on opening mailbox, but rather when mousing over the bad mail/item.

I have a cake in my mail too! I wonder if there is a way we can fetch mail without the Blizz window up.

I have the same problem with crashing on 2 of my characters. Both have around 25 mail messages in the mailbox. I can only retrieve 1-2 items from mail messages before the next crash, while cleaning the mailbox to repost items on the AH. I do not have a Chocolate Cake in the mail, but I guess it is possible that both characters have a different bugged item in one of the messages.
Most recent report ID: 09F7C22B-28F6-41FC-8703-1ABDB408434F

Edit: I finally found an email on one of the characters that allowed me to use mail as normal when sent to my bags. I mailed the item to another character, and it broke their mailbox until I put it into inventory. This item is Mega Mammoth Meal. Maybe certain foods are the issue? Still haven’t identified the issue on the other guy, but he also has some food items in the mail.

I’ve collected all threads regarding this issue and created a bug report here:

1 Like

I also have a chocolate cake in my bag that is causing crashing.

I have a delicious chocolate cake in my mail crashing my game as well. It’s just the one character, as others have stated.

THIS! I bought 4 Rhino Dogs from the AH, and each time I try to get them, the game crashes. I can open any other type of mail, but this one is corrupted somehow.

Edit: even after buying MORE Rhino Dogs, the game crashes. But I am still able to buy other things just fine.

Edit 2: Trying to buy Rhino Dogs on an alt also crashes the game! So the crashing seems to be tied to this particular item for me.

I also have Delicious Chocolate Cake that is next to be removed from my mail.

Same problem!!! 2 days ago, I bought a food! Spiced Mammoth Treats!!!
Each time I try to click on it in my mailbox, the game crashes.
and now when I am playing my other characters, the game will crashes randomly. The report shows the same reason… like "memmory cant be read. "

Again , it has been suggested on another post , that sometimes un-equipping your 2 handed weapon, ( sword, staff, gun etc,) will allow you to click on the offending item without crashing.
Not sure whats up with cake and rhino dogs, as demon hunters use main and offhands Blinkin

Same. I crash as soon as I open the mailbox. Only on a single toon though, everyone else is fine.

After the update this afternoon, I am no longer crashing from my items in my mailbox on my affected toon. I am able to mouse over all items, without issue, including the delicious chocolate cake.

1 Like