Bad Load Times Legion Zones Only

Same issue. Ty for reporting.

2 Likes

This sounds like something for the Technical Support forum. Try bringing it up there if it’s not already been posted.

Had the same problem for the last week. Did the old delete cache trick and still have load screens of at least a minute or two.
Also have a SSD, and hardware is definitely not an issue with my set up.

1 Like

Me too! Stuck at 60% loading for about 15-20 seconds for me. It’s usually super speedy. Anyone get a fix?

3 Likes

this needs to be fixed. frustrating.

2 Likes

It’s very, very frustrating. I don’t have a problem anywhere else in the game. Not any other expansion, not any other zone. Just Legion and it doesn’t matter what zone it is, instanced or open world. It’s crazy and Suramar was THE WORST.

When I teleport to Azuna using the portal in Orgrimmar it can take up to a full minute to load. And when I load into the Nighthold raid it can take even longer.
This is not normal and its highly frustraiting.

I have a WD Blue 1TB SSD. It’s only a few months old so the SSD itself shouldn’t be the problem. I load into any other place in WoW very quickly anyways.

Was doing 10 legion dungeons to finally get around to unlocking my red ghost kitty form, and yea, it was like a 1-2 minute loadscreen every time, even into dungeons.

My load screens EVERYWHERE else are 5-8 seconds max.

Hey again,

Our WoW developers have identified the issue causing these long loading screens in Legion zones and a fix should be implemented relatively soon in a future build.

13 Likes

I get a stalled load around 3/4 of the load screen between Archerus and any zone in Legion. This has been going on since last year as a matter of fact on two different platforms. I used to play this on an Alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop, and now I play this on a Ryzen 9 system, SSD, 32gigs of 3200mhz RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, etc…

It only occurs in Legion zones while loading into them from any other expansion pack zones during Legion timewalking, and also to and from the class halls; however, I do not know if it extends past timewalking. I don’t remember my main DK having these issues because he’s an old character from before timewalking was a thing.

Good find. Thank you.

1 Like

Can confirm this is still occurring, hopefully it can be fixed before legion timewalking hits!

You are a scholar and a gentleman, ty!

This is also still happening for me in ANY Legion dungeon, superbad in Raid zone-ins.

Same problem here. It is only happening in Legion content. On rare occasions, I get through the load screen normally, but most often it takes around 30 seconds for Legion load screens. It should take 2-3 at most.

Still occurring

Can confirm I have been experiencing VERY long load times on alts while trying to level in Suramar.

The fix is to type this into chat - can confirm 100% fixed the problem.

/console worldPreloadNonCritical 0

2 Likes

Thank you. It is bad, it even kills me 2xs between loading times. You can hear it in the audio . Confirmed with 2 different computers and 2 accounts.

1 Like

This is happening for us as well. Teleporting or zoning back into legion after a BG is a long load screen. I’m also running on a good M.2 SSD.

I just want to say it looks like this may have been fixed in 9.1.5!

2 Likes