Bad Load Times Legion Zones Only

Experiencing really bad load times in just Legion zones. The system with the problem is a very fast system, the game is even on its own dedicated SSD, but for whatever reason when zoning into Legion zones (Azsuna and The Nighthold) specifically the load screen goes to 2/3 complete and stalls for over a minute. Have tried turning down graphics, have turned off add-ons, have cleared cache, and now running a scan and repair, but so far nothing is working. Repair did nothing and even did a complete re-install and still having the same issue and its still exclusively Legion content.

On another computer, with weaker parts (HDD) and normally worse load times, the load time is faster with no stalling or freezing. Any ideas how to fix it?

Teleporting to Dalaran: Broken Isles has no issues as well as loading into Vault of the Wardens, however loading out of Vault of the Wardens back to Azsuna causes the stalled load screens.

Edit: Updated attempted solutions to no success still.
Edit 2: Updated more problem areas and parts of Legion that are not an issue.

10 Likes

I don’t have any useful info to add, but just wanted to say I also have slow loading screens only in Legion areas recently. I’m not sure if it’s a computer issue or rather more of a server/game issue.

Same issue, can take upwards of 2 full minutes to load.

4 Likes

I’ve also been having this problem, specifically with Legion zones/content. Shadowlands zones with tons of people in them load just fine but these Legion areas where there’s basically no one else loads slower than anything I’ve ever seen in this game before.

4 Likes

Have addon conflicts been ruled out?

I am also having really bad load times in all legion zones/instances. would love a fix to this

1 Like

I have the same issue and it never once happened ever until 9.1 came out. On an M.2 SSD, Acherus takes over two minutes to load but NO WHERE else does.

Dalaran loads fine.
Sanctum of light loads fine.
Most Legion dungeons load fine unless you count raids in which case, as mentioned Nighthold. I’ve yet to experience issues in Maw of Souls, Emerald Nightmare, Vault of the Wardens, Trial of Valor, Tomb of Sargeras, or basically anywhere else.
Skyhold loads fine, Maelstrom, Netherlight temple.

I deleted entire cache folder and disabled all add-ons and same deal.

2 Likes

adding myself to the list, really annoying to go in a raid and spending long time in a loading screen

Happening for me still today, legion outdoor zones especially, 2 min load times

1 Like

Same thing for me. It also affects the Suramar portal network.

2 Likes

Yes. No addons, except same load times. Have tried to repair the game, re-install, etc…no fixes yet.

I’m testing this myself, but everyone here is on different servers, including me.

Currently flying to Suramar from the Dalaran flight path, then I’ll use some portals.

Okay, I used every portal (I have all unlocked), and while there was a slight delay on the first, all others were basically instant both directions. I’m going to guess the delay was because I haven’t been in those zones for years now.

Not sure what else could be causing this other than some corrupted data from addons or something in the settings.

Still having this problem. 30 seconds plus at the 60% mark of loading screen. And I’ve got no add ons

2 Likes

Happening to me as well, even with addons disabled

1 Like

Happens every time I take a death gate to Acherus. Don’t have this issue anywhere else.

2 Likes

Yep, same issue here for Legion zones only, but interestingly not all. For example, loading into Legion Dalaran is fine. But taking the portal inside Nighthold or zoning out of the instance takes forever to load.

Don’t even bother trying to do the withered quest things… what a joke. Loading into Dalaran is the only thing that doesn’t take 2 minutes to load. Same problem with/without addons.

It’s been a couple weeks, and this problem is still happening for me and my girlfriend. We play on the same server, but her computer is even more souped-up than mine (and newer). She also does not play with any add-ons.

Issue is most noticable when loading into dungeons/raids. Teleport/portal to Dalaran is fine, but portal to Azsuna or entering any instance in Legion is massively slow, often upwards of 2-3 minutes. Once you load in, everything is fine again. No lag or anything, just a very long load screen.

1 Like

I am having the same problem with loading into some regions of legion. Every time I use my death gate, it takes me roughly ~2 minutes to load in. I have no problems loading into Dalaran though. This started with 9.1. I have uninstalled the game and deleted all the folders and did a fresh install without any addons with no luck.

It would be nice to get some type of acknowledgement from a blue.

1 Like

My daughter and I both have this same problem. Legion loading screen freezes at about 75% then minutes later loads. No lag problems with either of us once Legion is loaded.

1 Like