Bad Communication is impacting gameplay

Does anyone actually remember when the last QA stream was?

They’ll make an AH mount for us to buy I’m sure. At some point.

Not really no.

• It doesn’t add player power.

• The price is fixed.

• It isn’t hidden behind gambling mechanics

You know how much it costs, you either buy it or you don’t. I think the cost is absurd and will never buy it, but expensive things existing is not scummy to me.

Why should they when people are throwing their money at them as we speak to get their fancy pixels. Same with Shadowlands why should they care about what players want or quality of the the content when people were throwing money at them over a 5 min cinematic.

1 Like

I liked your OP, but your subsequent posts are just angry and petulant. You’re really not helping your cause (which is a cause I fully support).

Actually, no. They won’t.

That quote is from a blue on the Brutosaur thread. The reason they’ve given for removing it is that they don’t want people having an AH mount.

So, I don’t quite understand your reason for posting this - are you angry it is being taken out of the game or angry you weren’t told about it earlier?

If the former, well I get it’s peculiar since there is no reason at all to actually remove it that I can see. Saying they don’t want to see it as commonly around as the repair mounts is a silly response - the cost alone limits its use.

If the latter, they have actually given us a fair bit of warning. They have said it will be put onto the BM as of the release of Shadowlands, and that’s due when…late next year? That’s not exactly a 10 minute warning.

Me personally, I don’t care as I could never have afforded it anyhow.

The current design paradigm is about looking at data metrics and disregarding human feedback. Basically this is why the choices made for BFA seem tone deaf as game design is also an art form and requires some nuances and human inspiration beyond just number crunching a data sheet.

1 Like

it just feels bad that it seems when ever they’re bringing about a change that the vast majority of the player wont like its brought to the players attention through someone finding the information about it elsewhere and making a post notifying the forums or seeking confirmation.

and when it happens the response is usually along the lines of “yes” with little to no reasonable explanation as to why.

1 Like

WoW has been around for 15 years, I highly doubt some random person whining about every thing leaving the game is going to spell WoW’s demise.

2 Likes

I get not wanting the mount to be removed, but choosing to focus on the “we’re telling you a year in advance” part seems like the wrong thing to criticize. We rarely get that much notice on anything (and they may often not know that far ahead anyway.)

1 Like

The Brutosaur fiasco shows how out of touch Blizzard is.

It isn’t a strategy to get whales to buy it, since they were not even going to announce this ahead of time in the first place!(Data miners discovered it.)

The blue said they didn’t want the Brutosaur to become like the repair mammoth, or other repair mounts, that at one time seemed unobtainable (makes since, since I could not even afford the mammoth until Legion, when I bought EVERY SINGLE NPC sold/AH sold mount in the game that was sub 1 million gold. ) but are now very common.

They mentioned how at one time someone in your guild might have the repair mount. Now every single player has their own repair mount.

So it is, in fact, the OPPOSITE of this being a strategy to get whales to buy it (saving up for almost a year.) They are doing this because they want FEWER PEOPLE to have it. They don’t want it to be common.

But here is the out of touch part:

5 million gold will NEVER be like 20 K gold, or even 100 K gold. For many of us, BFA is not making us that much gold; I can’t even afford the 300 K frogs, let alone a 5 million gold mount.

I’ve never even had one million gold, all at the same time, in game. I did skip out on most of WoD, which is when I guess people were rolling in gold.

100% incorrect.

2-3% own every card game mount.
3% own the spider mount.
3% own the bruto mount.

It’s almost like this 3% keeps popping up all the time. This mount was never meant for the mainstream player, it was meant for the gold tycoons. Most of anyone who was ever going to be able to purchase it already has it. And, by the way, this mount will still be able to be purchased on the BMAH for, probably, much less than 5 million since most of the players who will ever have 5 million at one single time already bought it.

This mount wasn’t meant for everyone.

This is another thing. Most of the players who are outraged about this couldn’t afford it if they wanted to anyway, it’s just something that players are outraged about.

1 Like

Someone should break that news to Ion.

Just because you don’t like their answer doesn’t mean they are not communicating with us. While I agree removing the mount seems kind of silly, by the time it is removed it will have been out almost 2 years. You still have more than enough time to earn it and this won’t be the first time newer players missed out upon something removed before they joined.

1 Like

I’m right there with you and in total agreement on all you said.

Tigole said it to Sony best about 17 years ago or so. Paraphrased it goes thus:

"Your designing a game you want to play? Pretty soon you will be the only ones playing it."

2 Likes

If only we could get someone to do what Tigole did before the NGE and out all of blizzes dirty laundry to everyone.

100% correct in that they will be playing with their few rabid fanboys and no one else if they dont figure this out pretty quickly.

Long may you reign over your empire of ash - Bwonsamdi

2 Likes

So how come the vendor mannoroth wasn’t removed when Cata hit?
How comes the Yak didn’t get removed when WoD hit?
How come the spider mount didn’t get removed when BFA hit?

All 3 of them are gold sink mounts that was expensive during their respective expansion.

Also they aren’t “removing” the dino mount outright, they are moving it to the BMAH which will sell for gold cap always. Making it twice as expensive to get.

With relation to the Brutosaur, my input would be this.

Kill the AH function on it. Never was a good idea to have a AH outside a capital city. Refund players who bought the mount their gold (your fault for not thinking this through Blizzard, not the players), and then sell it for 2 Mill Gold going forward. That seems like it’d make everyone happy.

This is why I never would buy such a mount, and why I play Mage now.

I can’t trust Blizzard enough not to do something underhanded or otherwise mean-spirited down the road. This is why the “Fun not Allowed” meme is a thing. They always have to redesign, redesign, redesign, even when what they are designing, is as intelligent as a lobotomized Chimp.

Because of that, I finally reached my breaking point on the matter and decided it’s just better to play a class that is a “winner” in their eyes and be a beneficiary of their real interests, rather than try and enjoy the game on my terms. Will I buy Diablo IV or Reforged? Nope. WoW has a time investment value to me. When that’s gone, so am I.

As an avid forum reader I do not remember that at all. Perhaps you got this wrong?