Bad Classic Experience Tonight

Start quest in STV using 10 gorilla fangs I bought on AH
3 Alliance come in, kill me. Steal quest mob.
Go to org, buy 20 more.
45 Mage kills me on 2nd attempt and takes credit.
Fly to Tanaris to grind because stv isnt working out, walk into gadgetzan and lv 60’s on roof killing players with their pets for free without guard aggro.
Grind bandits outside tanaris and finally spam LFG to find ZF team.
On way to entrance lv 60 mage corpse camps.
Finally get inside. 2 people are waiting for warlock summon.
Walk outside to summon.
60 Mage camping outside instance for 10 mins.
Group falls apart because they expected summons.
Log off without any interest in playing anymore tonight.

Classic experience tonight on Incendius Horde

10 Likes

Sounds like you should have rolled PvE.

41 Likes

I wonder if you’re aware how you actually look saying this.

40 Likes

Like someone who knew PvP servers were going to be hell, wanted no part of it, and is thoroughly enjoying Phase 2 from my PvE server?

35 Likes

Yes, I totally believe you predicted all of this instead of just not wanting to do PvP as a basic thing.

9 Likes

PvP servers have always been hell. They’ve always been Griefer’s Paradise. Adding more people didn’t change that fact, only amplified it. So, no, I had no interest in joining a PvP server from the start. But TM vs SS has been going on pretty much constantly since P2 dropped on my server, and they’ve had some fun battles to watch.

9 Likes

I should have taken the hint from when you said you played PvE. It’s kinda different this time around from what it should be.

I mean, not just kinda. It’s access denial en masse.

Was going to theramore one day and the people on the dock said the enemy was on the boat to menethil for four hours.

And who knows how long before even that guy perceived them.

Was going to blackrock spire and they assign people in raids to already dead corpses. They didn’t even see the kill, they just see a corpse and camp it. There’s the enemy faction everywhere you look, and that might be an understatement.

If you’ve ever played runescape, I’d like you to imagine the full servers with the groups of people mining resources and trees. Replace the minerals and trees with players. It’s like that all across the zone, both zones leading to the mountain, inside the mountain, inside the entrance to brd, at the entrance to ubrs.

You have zero idea, and neither does any of the people not taking this seriously.

8 Likes

Stop having opinions. You don’t even play the actual game.

4 Likes

It is a new form of griefing on the griefing servers. Even back in the day, there were servers where one faction or the other would basically lock down a quest hub, or a zone, or whatever, and make it unplayable for the other faction for a time. The only thing that changed is that there are greater numbers now, which means more griefers on the griefing servers.

2 Likes

Report them for terrain manipulation and let them take the ban, safespotting is not allowed.

10 Likes

This. If they’re on the roof, that’s bannable.

3 Likes

I enjoy PvP servers, I’ve got 3 char’s in their 40’s. This post is more of my way of venting frustration than anything. Some nights it just feels like I’m beating my head against a wall trying to play.

2 Likes

That’s the game for you, it will be a bit better with bgs as camping is not nearly as effective as battleground grinding.

Looks like you rolled the wrong faction.

2 Likes

That really stinks. If that happened, I’d probably snap and go full-on super villain. And this situation is a nightly thing for some people. That totally sucks.

You can report the Safespotting.

1 Like

It’s hell. I got camped a l lot in few places, really annoying at times. Learned to deal with it.

This on the plus side is a reportable and bannable offense.

1 Like

Literally what the hell did you people think would happen on PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER servers? You’d hold hands with the enemies and never fight them? lmao. Seriously. Reroll pve or uninstall.

4 Likes

Be a little more charitable. It takes a true clairvoyant to realize that PVP might happen on a realm labeled as PVP. Who would have predicted that? Only witches.

4 Likes