Back in my day thread

Back in my day i could duel wield…

I also wouldn’t be a human too so…
:dracthyr_shrug:

back in my day, hunters were huntards. they were really smart as known by the amount of intellect they had,.

1 Like

back in the day I had to go to one of a few select stores to buy my game time every month, was a real pain, many times they were sold out.

Fun fact about this.

About 1% of the noise captured by a TV that isn’t recieving a broadcast is the cosmic microwave background emitted by the universe 380,000 years after the big bang, when it cooled enough to become transparent.

Behold, the universe’s baby photo

2 Likes

back in my day you learned quickly that warsong gulch was not priest friendly, that frost mage was the only viable pvp spec, that brd was the best dungeon, that karazhan was the best raid, and that death knights were the most overpowered class ever created

1 Like

Seriously though… I remember if you had an alt on an alliance server you were called all sorts of bad names… (rightfully so)

1 Like

Oh yeah! This is so cool. Have you heard they are working on a similar snapshot using gravitational waves? They are using quasars as multi-light year detectors and can pick up stuff LIGO can’t. happy nerd noises

3 Likes

Back in my youthful days, I was my grandfathers remote control for his TV loaded up with crumpled aluminum foil on the antenna.

2 Likes

In those days, I was the remote control for my parents. I found turning the channel selector knob too fast got me booted off remote duty for the evening. :wink:

1 Like

ROFL!

smart…

In related news: A few green jellybeans in the mix had me removed from being Dad’s designated coffee maker. hahaha

2 Likes

Back in my day, we had player housing.
They were called Lincoln Logs and my green army men characters were stationed there.

6 Likes

Back in my day, “When it’s ready” was a completely viable answer to any questions related to a release date.

2 Likes

Back in my day, I would hide the army men in the cupboard, thinking that they would come alive. Like Indian in the Cupboard

And then we could Wage War on the Smurfs And the masters of the universe

Rainbow Bright and Teddy Ruxpin would stand guard. And My Buddy kept arguing with the Speak and Spell asking for air support cause he was last in the Spelling Bee games

I kept score on the Lite-Brite

Who needed Toy Story, I had Star Trek Reading Rainbow imagination!

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

3 Likes

Heh, I have been maining a feral since 1.1.

It was hilarious watching mages back then try and cast a spell with a cat druid just smacking them every second. They would never get the spell off. Add in me breaking snares and it drove them up the wall even more.

1 Like

just basing it on this
https://youtu.be/Mh_cLN66zHA?t=6

my fav part is in silithus. hes being attacked by two, so he sheeps 1. then a 3rd joins the fight against him and its a priest. so he mind controls the priest with engineer cap, has the priest heal him and resumes killing the unsheeped one.

2 Likes

Back in my day we’d loot your corpse and chop your body up then leave it in the front of the gates to Trinsic to taunt you as you corpse walk back in your grey death robes.

back in my day you had to corpse walk, fully visible, without armor, weapon, food, water or money and youd lose xp for dying. people who fell asleep while logged in, could wake to find their character had died multiple times and delevelled several times. thats old school everquest

p.s. your corpse’s location wasnt marked on the map because there was no map

1 Like

About 20 or more years ago (dang it’s been a long time now) I bought my son his first Xbox.

It was still relatively brand new and one night he went to bed and must have left it on. I’d fallen asleep on the sofa again and when I woke up I could hear people talking.
I think it picked up on scanners or maybe phone calls, not sure but it was weird and interesting.

Back in my day, there were no “play dates.” You just “called for” a friend by going to their home.

2 Likes

Ahhhh…back in my day, radio was the only mode of family nighty entertainment and rotary dial phones with party (shared) lines was the norm. When I started playing WOW: back in my day, leveling everything required returning to a trainer and over time become a bit more challenging. Back in my day Zones were level specific. Back in my day, there were so many WOW players where I worked there was a scramble to take “New expansion release day” off.
/Thinks to self: “those were the days”

3 Likes