Azmerloth, the Timeline of Murlocs

Azmerloth is the Azeroth version where everyone and seemingly everything is a Murloc variant. It’s just grand.

24 Likes

I love this.

3 Likes

I don’t like that we spend several quests here but literally race through the actually interesting maps like Gnoll War and Pandaren Revolution. I’d rather this meme world be the one we only glimpse and those be the ones we actually have quests in.

9 Likes

I don’t know. It’s nice that murlocs are getting positive attention for once, even if it’s a alternative timeline

5 Likes

It’s all treated as a big joke questline though, it’s not like murlocs are actually getting any serious looks at their society or whatever from this.

6 Likes

I think thats where this game shines though.
The problem with WoW has always been when it takes itself way too seriously and we end up with BFA, shadowlands and the fallout of that in Malfurion getting the axe.

Alternative universe where everyone is a murloc? Thats just silly fun.

14 Likes

Eh. I think it’s cute.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it if it didn’t feel like it was being done at the expense of seeing the time periods I actually want to see. Having a whole short questline here vs seeing the Pandaren Revolution for a total of 15 seconds feels bad.

5 Likes

Best zone ever. This whole quest line has been a treat.

4 Likes

It’s adorable knowing there’s a Azeroth out there where Murlocs are the heroes for a change :blush:

3 Likes

Behold—A true hero at work in his home timeline.

4 Likes

A hero we need, but aren’t worthy of :blush:

3 Likes

Opening the map to see everything had murloc names was 10/10.

5 Likes

I don’t know if anyone knows this but Gilvanas will ocassionally spawn a teeny zombie called Kevinos.

That’s just adorable. Never knew that

1 Like

I laughed so hard.

1 Like

So wait … What would the murloc equivalent of murlocs be? More murlocs or … or would it be us!? :scream:

2 Likes

The Heart of Azmerloth had me on the floor

7 Likes

I was mostly interested in exactly how it came into existence: Apparently shoving something into a Temporal Rift as it is closed will create a whole new Timeline based on that something.

Murlocs just so happened to be the most fitting living creature.

Of course objects could provide interesting possibilities. Imagine shoving Ale, Honey or Chocolate into a Temporal Rift. A Timeline based on Ale, Honey or Chocolate…

As Chronicle Vol. 3 states attempts to alter Alternate Timelines can maintain them indefinitely. Azmerloth may be permanent thanks to how we created it.

AU Draenor may not be considered Altered as the Timeline that spawned Azmerloth was as the Timeline was straight up given a Murloc as a point of Reference to base itself around while AU Draenor was drawing straight from the Main River itself and thus liable to dry up.

I would like to see us explore alternate timelines more. We have the perfect expansion for it.

5 Likes