Azhara LFR needs a nerf

This does work, but the point of the difficulty not lining up with the rewards is still fair

6 Likes

Aww man, you mean you can’t have 20 out of 25 people afk auto-attack and beat the final boss of the patch? What a shame indeed.

5 Likes

Sorry I forgot that one. I am just tired of people touting that quote like it is gospel for current age wow. It is simply no longer accurate. We have DOUBLED the amount of raid difficulties now since Firelands.

1 Like

I think the point of lfr is to let players who aren’t good experience the content. The rewards are bad, so I don’t see why that’s an issue

1 Like

The only thing that makes LFR hard is the 24 other people more actively trying to kill you than any of the bosses or trash does :stuck_out_tongue:

Considering the original intention of it just being a tourist mode, be thankful you get anything out of it at all :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Oh no I was agreeing that raiding participation is much higher now, just adding that cross-server is another thing that brought that participation up in recent expansions.

(Though I’m not totally convinced that’s a net positive because it’s mostly just increased stranger pug raids arguably at the expense of casual raid guilds being as prevalent these days…but that’s a totally separate discussion haha)

Sidenote, I’m not really jumping on any “raid participation is higher we should remove LFR” train, I just very much agree with this point that it’s outdated to paint organized raiding as some super exclusive, minority activity.

I know I was just elaborating is all.

I do want to point out that casual guilds are actually most likely getting pushed out by M+ than cross realm pugging. Normal simply does not need to exist as a difficulty when there are TWO more lucrative ways to gear in the current patch in the form of benthics and spamming mythic plus.

2 Likes

I get the “it’s just LFR” mentality, but cmon the reward isn’t worth the effort.

Compare it to the effort it takes to kill for a potential 415 off a boss in Naz and even normal Azshara is obnoxiously more effort to kill.

LFR is just so worthless this patch and I think that was the intent. I killed her on normal week two anyways. What’s my real incentive to even want to do it 6 weeks in with LFR? As if the 400 loot wasn’t bad enough, way to additionally time gate it into not mattering even more.

3 Likes

Good point, that’s true as well. I felt it a little back in WoD but definitely more since Legion. I do think “why should I spend weeks progressig with a guild when I can just pug into someone’s farm run” is a factor, but not the only one.

I feel like the intention of being “tourist mode” just supports the idea of making LFR easier though.

1 Like

I think it depends.

1. you are not guaranteed to get into someone’s farm run especially if you don’t have AotC or whichever (I don’t understand why LFR and normal share achievs).

2. pug runs can take forever and are inherently not guaranteed kills. On wednesdays we do a full clear of heroic in…90(?) minutes? Give or take depending on who wants to fail Azshara I think.

I think PUGing is generally fine ESPECIALLY if you only need a few bosses, which could be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. It is a “good” thing this tier I suppose since like over half your slots don’t drop from the raid when benthic/crafting and m+ holds most of your BiS so you can (hopefully) just jump right in on something like Za’qul for the chest piece or whatever and not have to do first 6.

It is a bad thing because it means the pug revolving door is revolving much faster since more often than not half the raid is bailing after a boss. Especially after blackwater when all your casters go bye bye.

is it as bad as LFR uunat was tho

1 Like

You getting a stacking buff every wipe though? You will eventually beat it.

LFR is just not worth the time. Full stop

2 Likes

For you? Absolutely no point at all. A combination of your skill/gear/time commitment has meant that you no longer require lfr to see the full story. Congratulations.

If lfr is made as tourist mode then the ilvl of the reward is irrelevant since it is only there to fill out the story and give thematic gear for mogs etc.

If lfr is intended as a legitimate pathway for gearing then they should just remove lfr altogether to stop the huge ilvl bloat we have atm which tenders all previously bis hear useless vendor trash.

Raiding should be reduced to 1-2 difficulties again.

why do people justify keeping lfr in by saying its story mode but when its not the best gearing path for a casual player its worthless?

2 Likes

This problem is not just exclusive to LFR this expansion. The last boss of normal is harder than many heroic bosses, and the last boss of heroic is usually harder than 2-3 Mythic bosses. Previously the final boss of the raid had better loot on all difficulities to compensate for this. I wonder if Blizzard shouldn’t return to this system.

1 Like

The problem is that lfr is not easy enough to be tourist mode at the moment. I wouldn’t mind if the rewards were just recolored transmog pieces if it became super easy for casual players who want the story and not the challenge

no its not good when the reward is horrible

2 Likes

Yes, because classic is now an option lets just nerf everything into the ground and finish off what little challenge still exists in retail. Pro logic. eye roll

Its tourism mode so 400 is an acceptable gear reward. And if time spent vs reward is such a big thing to you I not sure why you wouldnt just go do reg mythics since they drop the same ilevel anyway. Also, even if its a raid for the most casual of casual people, its still a raid and should be at least a bit more difficult than dungeons frequently ran by that same group.