Azhara LFR needs a nerf

Fight is WAY too tedious for a 20% chance at a crappy 400 gear

so easily wiped by peeps not doing mechanics

giving last tier’s crappy emmissary gear for this 12-15 minute fight per wipe isn’t remotely worth it

who is in charge of ‘rewarding players’ time’ at bliz?

18 Likes

Part of me wants to tell you to communicate with the other players & make it work, but honestly? Lfr rewards aren’t very great, so making it SUPER easy would be fine by me. Just so that casual players who don’t raid very often can see the story & get some okay gear. Probably a controversial opinion though

34 Likes

Can we not further diminish raids by further nerfing the lfr versions of fights? LFR was a mistake through and through, if you want a real raid experience, put in the leg work to find a guild that runs it.

17 Likes

It’s LFR, suffer well friends.

14 Likes

And people say putting difficult content on queues won’t get them nerfed…I present exhibit A, people crying about LFR being too hard.

32 Likes

the only thing blizzard cared avout was nerfing azhara just enough for method to win.

other wise they dont care.

15 Likes

So people who aren’t good enough just don’t get to experience that part of the story? I understand wanting people to work to get the rewards, but I don’t see why bad/casual players shouldn’t be able to experience an easy version of it with less rewards

5 Likes

You have to remember to factor in 30% of the raid being afk and watching while 50% run around thinking they’re doing something while 20% actually fighting the boss and doing mechanics.

12 Likes

LFR has become more and more like Normal to the point it is a great place to try the new bosses one time then immediately jump into Heroic because almost all mechanics (minus Heroic changes ofc) are already present in LFR.

I think it’s great for practicing but also really stupid considering emissaries reward 415 and Benthic is super easy to get to 400.

Either remove more mechanics or up the rewards because you’re right, if all you care about is raiding LFR, it is SO not worth your time in BFA.

5 Likes

To be fair, with a fight where you wipe no matter how many Determination stacks you have if the bulk of the raid doesn’t competently contribute to X mechanic (charging panels), LFR is going to be harder than Normal.

At least they took out the sirens’ shield. That would’ve broken the LFR heroes.

3 Likes

If you want to go back to raid or die, classic is there for you. Don’t let any of us get in your way.

5 Likes

i am surprise, it has almost all of the mechanics.

1 Like

Ironically, LFR is the reason raiding still exists today. Blizzard themselves have justified it by saying that too few people raided before LFR existed to spend that much time working on content almost no one used.

9 Likes

And there it is! Was waiting for this thread

5 Likes

It is good when the last boss of a raid is actually difficult, I have seen quite a lot of people do nothing or kill themselves whenever they can, only to get loot others deserve.

It probably isn’t anymore though. Normal is extremely accessible, and it’s not uncommon to see pugs of Heroic or even the first bit of Mythic.

1 Like

idk, I’m a pretty big lfr hater but I kinda think OP has a point. Considering how low the rewards for LFR are, does it make sense for it to be anything other than complete faceroll? Groups wiping in LFR made more sense in DS and MoP, when LFR gear was the mostly best thing you could get as a non-raiding player.

Now that multiple avenues offer much better, I don’t see why anyone would sit through something like LFR Spine, LFR Garalon, or LFR Kil’Jaeden (I haven’t done the last wind of EP on LFR yet, but assuming Azhara is similarly tedious in a random group).

10 Likes

You mean back in cataclysm when there were only 2 difficulties AND they were fixed size (10/25)? That quote is far from accurate in today’s wow where Normal is a joke in terms of difficulty and the ONLY fixed size difficulty is the highest one.

Raiding was inaccessible prior to SoO because you literally could not have a raid roster unless you had 10, 20 (for two 10 mans), or 25 people.

1 Like

Briefly explain the fight beforehand. It’s not hard…

2 Likes

Also nothing was cross-server back then.

1 Like