Azhara LFR needs a nerf

Why is motivating you to kill her then? To get ilvl 400+ gear from pearls is much easier that going through LFR.

1 Like

That isn’t going to help when the stonewall is something that requires group participation and will wipe you no matter how many stacks you have. If enough people don’t help keep the panels charged, you straight-up die. One panel breaking might be survivable for a while in LFR. Two isn’t. Three is an instakill – as in, no damage numbers, you just die.

It’s the same problem LFR had with G’huun (the boss didn’t even appear until enough people knew how to run orbs) and Uu’nat (adds didn’t die and the boss kept healing endlessly unless enough people knew when to use relics and they were never picked up by curious people who clicked the gear without knowing what it was).

LFR isn’t for gear. And I say that as a mostly lfr hero these days. We don’t need good gear from LFR. It’s for checking out the content and learning the basics of the encounters.

Rewarding players?
HA!!!

1 Like

I feel like having ONE mechanic to deal with per boss fight is fine for LFR. Nothing else can kill you besides the surge. Just tell people to soak and kick the people who refuse to.

With 10 stacks of Determination, anything is possible.

I agree with this more and more as I learn about myself actually. I really dislike doing a lot of things, however when pushed into the situation I find it not nearly as unsettling as I first thought.

They will never remove LFR, but I wonder if people would try to do Normal Raiding. Might not, but would be interesting to see the dynamic of the more Casual Raiders (LFR Raiding) getting out into the Normal raiding environment and creating groups.

Tank: “I use this Bubble as a personal defensive right?”

Everyone Dies

G’huun says hello. And even then I find it hilarious that people were complaining when all you had to do was pick up an orb and run it to the end of each lane.

Slightly unrelated, but this reminds me because after wipes people start leaving. If someone hasn’t done the raid before, I think they shouldn’t be targets of backfilling. Like joining a group where a boss is already dead? If you haven’t done the raid yet that shouldn’t happen to you.

Seems to me the OP was about TIME, not difficulty.
They arent the same thing.

1 Like

Then those left slots are never filled. Ever. From what I understand, early LFR did show progress, and people just declined partially complete runs en masse until the whole thing fell apart.

Even G’huun ended up getting stuck in a cycle of leaves/joins because people zoned into his room, went “nope”, and left in too rapid succession to even teach people the fight.

1 Like

People only do lfr once? I just mean if you’ve never done the raid before it really sucks to backfill because you have to queue again after to see the boss you missed, because you’ve never seen it before

1 Like

Week1: The fight BEFORE Azshara took a whole TWO attempts. But Azshara? We 1-shot. THE WEEK IT WAS RELEASED!

Week2: We 1-shot both bosses.

There’s nothing wrong with either of these fights.

3 Likes

that’s exactly the issue, the reward needs to be buffed or the difficulty needs to be nerfed.

Honestly I think LFR should always be a half or tier above anything WQ’s can give you, including emissaries.

1 Like

afaik, you are prioritized for a fresh run if you haven’t cleared the wing yet, it’s just not a hard guarantee. So if there’s a real lack of fresh groups, or lack of players, at a given time you get put in an in-progress run anyway.

Or maybe it’s that you’re prioritized if you queue again after completing a partial run? I can’t remember, I know there is/was supposed to be some prioritiation though.

Just do normal? Cleared it almost as fast as Operation: Mechagon yesterday.

It took maybe 70-80 minutes in total. Nearly 2x as fast as LFR and you don’t have to deal with people that keyboard turn. Hopefully.

LFR is harder than WQ’s, it should definitely reward better gear than WQ’s and emmissaries. WQ are literally just a world tour with nothing epic at all. Then you go fight epic bosses in LFR for gear worse than that. It’s broken design.

And yes, LFR is for gear. Maybe not for you, but for plenty others.

1 Like

Again, if nothing is motivating you to kill her in LFR, don’t do LFR, it doesn’t need a buff or a nerf. You don’t see people asking to reduce battle pets level by 5 just because they are not motivated do battle pets.

Why are you even in there if it’s not worth your time?

If you want “rewarding gear”, go do what you’re supposed to - run real raids.

I go to LFR to collect the 20 doohickeys for that quest. If you have no real reason, stay out of LFR.

yeah so you’re response is that you could care less that bliz took away a major progression endgame and replaced it with world quests. How bout we take your favorite endgame and replace it with someone you don’t like by nerfing the reward to uselessness?

Then when you complain about it everyone is supposed to tell you to just not do it? How does that solve the core issue?

1 Like

LFR doesn’t really have a role in endgame tho…

It is literally story mode, equivalent to a 3D apartment tour.

Take in the pretty sights, beat up the boss with inflatable boxing gloves on, pat yourself on the back, go do pet battles. LFR is not legit endgame content.

1 Like