AXS "Spyware" claim debunked on reddit

show so some privacy policy for ANY app so we can compare.

2 Likes

No, there’s a difference between trying to hold a conversation and being deliberately inflammatory. Are you being deliberately inflammatory?

3 Likes

Why should i care about what other apps do? the topic about AXS and Blizzcon.

5 Likes

if you go to blizzcon use a pre paid phone or go the the desk with the long line at it
or dont go at all.

i say skip blizzcon.

8 Likes

You may not, but-

People like this.

3 Likes

Yeah, those are click bait videos. They just make them to get you to watch them rant about how they feel they are just showing the world how companies and etc are doing bad things while they are not actually doing the real homework on their end. In fact, they might be doing their homework and know exactly how it works, but they are making the video because people are dumb enough to watch them and give them views and money for watching it.

You want to talk about scams, don’t click on those videos.

8 Likes

I mean, I’m pretty sure this ticketing app is not going to be the only disappointment this year for anyone attending Blizzcon

3 Likes

Well, I linked the one for Dunkin Donuts earlier in this thread and listed the permissions it asks for. If you follow the link you’ll find their privacy policy as well. But since I have a feeling you won’t since it doesn’t fit your narrative here it is:
We may disclose your information to thirdparty service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, marketing, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.

That is just one of 5 paragraphs listing who they can share you information with.

Link: https://www.dunkindonuts.com/en/privacy-policy#howdisclose

4 Likes

I say this is a rather stupid reason to not attend. If you’re going to not go, stay home because of Blizzard’s practices and recent errors, not because of some stupid ticketing app.

2 Likes

Because why are you upset about this apps permissions and privacy statement if you have any other app on your phone?

2 Likes

and i still would not download and install an app like that.

3 Likes

What this tells me is that there are a lot of apps out there that require more permissions than they reasonably should.

10 Likes

And as an addition to that statement, why be upset about the apps when the phone itself is even worse than apps are about data collection?

People don’t think about what isn’t in front of them. Or in this case, is staring them in the face, literally and figuratively.

That is fine if you don’t, you just won’t be able to go to Blizzcon then. Your choice.

1 Like

Well you’ve already said you don’t use any apps.

But for anyone who does, everything the AXS app is asking for is standard for any app.

If you download any app you give these same permissions.

4 Likes

I don’t even use those things or anything similar to the things you listed. I’m sure someone out there has some kind of info on me as they do for almost anyone with internet but the info they have is very limited and minimal compared to a lot of other people because I avoid things that give up a lot of my personal info.

3 Likes

It’s cute that you think that, but it simply isn’t true.

How do I know? Well, for starters, you’re on here.

1 Like

So you have no apps on phone, not even a game?

If you do, I’d encourage you to google their permissions and privacy statement. You’ll find it’s not any different than this one.

Even the apps that come “stock” on a new phone have the same permissions/privacy statement. So if you have a smartphone, you’ve already given access to all the same things.

4 Likes

blizzcon sucks they will just announce a new expansion for wow that will do just as bad as bfa.

id rather not go anyway.

3 Likes

What do you mean i wont? terms of use is terms of use, just because 2 company use the same Terms of use, doesnt mean both of them are equally guilty or innocent.

If a company i trust used the terms, ofc i will believe my data is safe, the problem here is that people thinking AXS is safe because they think Blizzard is safe, which is not the case, AXS is a third party for Blizzard event.

If a random girl selling me icecream in a van said “come hope in to my van”, my reaction would be different than some shady middle aged man that said the same thing.