[A]Wit Not Expected recruiting for Shadowlands - A different guild

Edited because OP was flagged and removed. Hopefully the rest is passable, man times have changed indeed as to what’s offensive and what’s humor these days.

Who we are…

1. Some of our core has been playing WoW together since day 1, some of further back in beta. We’ve stayed friends for 14+ years have met up in RL more than a few times now. Others have been playing together for less time.
  2. We are old (by gamer standards), some of us even older than dirt (Eld). We are the “older crowd” and after Warcraft we tend to drive our Buicks to go play Bingo, eat Tapioca pudding, while fighting over which of us gets to wear the blue colored Depends™.
    So no one under legal age please. We don’t need reminders of how much cooler things were before our metabolism and sex drive were distilled into the ink on our marriage certificates. Wife aggro has become a competitive sport to us, and we could use some more ideas in our “How to deal with Bipolarity in our significant others” think-tank.
  3. We are family/working stiffs - RL > WoW, 'nuff said.
  4. We tend to joke around ALOT on Discord at each others expense. Thick skin is a benefit though by no means required. :slight_smile:
  5. Experienced- Besides being here from Day 1 or Beta, some of us have been in top shelf kind of guilds and have raided everything up until now. Two of us have been in server first types of guilds, and in the past, we were the #2 Alliance guild on Fenris back in BC when Kara was new. While we have plenty of experience, we are NOT hardcore anymore. Mostly due to Father Time and the occasional abuse at our Senior Living Center (see #2 above).
  6. Plug and Play. While we all have mains (somewhat), we are ok with playing whats needed to keep running. We love alts to the point of needing therapy.

Who we aren’t (a.k.a. the not so nice details)…

1. Anal jokes, trade spam, airing out your dirty laundry, ninja looting, etc. tends to make us ancient folk more crotchety than losing our blue pills on date night. We all pay to play but if any of the above get you through the day, then you probably won’t be a good fit.
  2. Cheap. We have always helped each other, we don’t ever charge for guild mats, make stuff for free etc. Repairs are for guild dungeons/raids/pvp activities (Bank permitting), anyone is welcome to mats to level up skills etc. This is not a requirement though, we just never did it any other way.
  3. Drama… This is sometimes a gray area. Every guild has some drama from time to time, its unavoidable. We keep it to a minimum though, talk to us before going off the deep end (we might even share a Zoloft™ with you).
    In the end, a guild is a collection of a lot of different personalities, and sometimes there are clashes. As long as we are still having fun, it’s all good.
  4. Hard Core and/or Elitist- a couple of us are from hardcore server first guilds through the years, those days are over. We just want to have fun with people we like (in some cases tolerate ;)).
    Our unlimited patience ends at elitists btw. We prefer the Clint Eastwood type of amazing but humble, badassery-exuding players who know they are the cats biznachos without needing to broadcast it.
    If you had to google Clint Eastwood, you are too young for us.
  5. There are NO health benefit packages here. We are old, some of us are lucky to have teeth, so Dental plans were never in the cards to begin with.
    Also, we provide ample parking for scooters and/or wheelchairs. Honesel usually hands these out.

Rules (our usual policy)…

Not much beyond “Honor thy guild tag.” We’ve always cultivated relationships with other guilds on whatever servers and we’ve always been respectful and respected. Every member represents the guild, this is non-negotiable, treat others with respect. No loot !@#$%s, Ninja looters, griefers, campers, chat spammers (beyond trying to legitimately sell stuff), etc.

Yada yada, you long winded, soapbox officerguyperson, where do we go from here?
Our main goal is obviously to build a fun guild doing everything possible. Dungeons/Raids/PvP or whatever suits the guildies fancy. For raiding… likely two teams of 2/3/9 or the like. One team will be for the more casual types.

Raid times are in the air atm, currently we do a Fri/Sat 10-12pm Server. The times and Days are subject to change based on the guilds needs. Discord is a must during raids/keys btw.
We also have several people who enjoy tearing up some M+ dungeons, but would always love more people to break a senior hip under the crushing weight of fortified, bolstering, grievous, etc.

Ultimately, we like close knit guild, or would like to be. Some of us have built real friendships and even meet up from time to time.

Contacts…
Our GM can be found on any toon with Eld in it, and then the officers which include weirdos with names that include variations of “Eld”, “Xan”, or “Swift” in them. There’s also our foreign correspondent officer named Honesel/Kiraera, we just aren’t sure if he will get downgraded to mascot yet.

If you think you would fit in with the above, let us know. Happy Gaming.

1 Like

Kind of want to join your discord just to see what the OP said.

Have you guys been on Dalaran for a while? Sounds like a good gang wholesome organization.

I’ve really been wanting to move back over to Alliance, and used to play on Dalaran. Doing a whole lot of nothing currently in the end of expac lull, but looking forward to Shadowlands. (Honestly, my main inspiration for being safe to avoid getting the 'Rona is so I don’t waste my vacation time so I can take a few days to no life it during launch.)

Bookmarking this post.

Don’t think anyone in our guild qualifies as “wholesome”. :slight_smile: Thanks for the compliment, lol.

Some of us are gypsies from various servers, some of us have been on Dalaran for awhile. I personally was on Thrall horde for quite awhile myself.
Our discord is comical most of the time, lots of witty banter. Have a thick skin, your turn will come… :wink:

Thrall Horde is where the bulk of my toons are now. I want to move them Alliance, but… if I did that on Thrall I’d BE the Alliance.

I have 3 teenage daughters who don’t pull punches. If you can cut deeper than them, I’ll buy you dinner. :rofl:

this is a bump to the top of the page.

#Hype Bump after the release announcement!

Now I know when to schedule that vacation time.

I haven’t decided what all to bring over yet (and more importantly, which race to change them to) so just starting a couple to level for now on Dal. Will try to catch someone outside of raid times!

Bumping this to the top of the page.

Bumping again

Howdy,
Looking to maybe xfer server back to Dalaran after many years. I’ll be looking to do everyday stuff and focusing on M+ dungeons. Ive been in big guilds that do heroic and mythic raiding and trying to get into their M+ dungeon groups has been frustrating since they seem to be clicky.
I will NOT be raiding (unless its a LFR requirement for a quest) and don’t really enjoy PVP.

If you have some folks or a group that will be doing M+ in SL I’d love to talk further if it makes sense.

Druid/Shaman (resto)

Nothing is required in our guild beyond being an adult and respecting the tags. You can be as active as you want in whatever content you want.

Avoiding cliques is a priority for us as we’d like to get as many people involved as possible when it comes to content.
TBH, mythic dungeons do get clique-y after awhile as some people enjoy grouping with each other, especially after being successful in high keys. I’d like to think some of our guildies will branch out and help others get through high keys as well. This is how we have always done it in the past and will continue to do so, I’m hoping our new recruits are on the same wavelengths.
A lot of us do mythic keys, feel free to look us up in game for a Discord chat for more discussion on this or any other subject.

TBTH, I prefer quality over quantity as an approach to recruitment myself, meaning I’d prefer to run interviews and then invite. ATM, we are part of an older guild that had some issues previously, we splintered off and are trying to evolve into a better guild as stated in my OP under my alt, Xanimosity.
The only guarantee I can give you with total confidence is that our GM/Officers are not lazy and we share the same vision for the guild and will be very attentive as to potential pitfalls.

Happy Gaming,
Xan

P.S. We are still verbally thrashing Eld (our GM) during every raid night about his weirdo mentality in picking this guild name. He’s offered to change it, but we want to torture him in Raid chat, Guild chat, Raid warnings, etc. I encourage any applicants to voice displeasure to him directly during an interview and blame it on me… Xan™

1 Like

bumping to top.

*neighborly bump

Ty for bump @Donations

Eld

1 Like

I’m joining the bump chain

You guys sound like a lot of fun. You can’t be that old if your still working. Do you know your raid times yet?

We’ll decide on days/times sometime early to mid october. Oct 7th is a deadline for our current guildies to finalize a choice for main class/spec. Once we are there, we’ll limit recruitment to what we need exactly to fill 2 raid groups.

Once we have that, we’ll work out times/days for raids based on what people can commit to. For now we are still Wednesdays 9:30 for a Normal Nya Raid (alts and newer/returning players), and Fri/Sat 10pm-Midnight for heroic Nya.

Good day,
Oh…wait!
Good evening,

For some time, I’ve been looking for a guild with folks my age to no avail. So, I thought I might try joining some younger folks.
I’ve been playing since vanilla but have had some long gaps away from Azeroth.
Right now, I’m not as active as I would like but when I’m here, I’m always willing to help out where I can. This helps soothe my almost pathological need to be liked.
As far as raiding and such, again, I’ll help out when asked. Though, my scarcity of skill and inferior gear may create somewhat of a hindrance. And, not to worry, the words “Fine, we’ll take him if we have to” don’t really bother me anymore!
One interesting note. Some time back, while playing with some old friends, I did create a bit of a name for myself. They used to call me "The Barney Fife of WoW! To be honest, though, I really thought of myself more as the Pvt Hudson of Azeroth!
Well, in closing, I would like to thank you for your consideration and good luck in all your future endeavors!

Bumping this one as I have some time before raid

You would fit in fine with us. Happy Gaming :slight_smile: