Awful Era changes

Sure. It’s bad because it is yet another small change to what should be a permanently-stuck-in-time version of WoW. The premise of Era is to preserve the OG game in its final state. So adding changes goes against the premise.

Where do you draw the line? Chronoboons? UI changes? QoL changes? Buff neutrality/equity? PvP system? Class balance? Race balance? Guild banks? New content? You get the idea. It’s a slippery slope. I’d argue that on its own, giving ally the buff isn’t really bad. But I’d also argue that there’s just no need to change anything in Era (too late ship sailed, i know). I also don’t think this buff was intended for era anyways and will likely be fixed to remove it.

IMO… there’s no need to change anything with era. In my perfect world we wouldn’t have any of the changes like PvP system, spell batching, boons, etc. will I use them if they’re here? Sure will. But I’d rather them preserve the imperfect game of vanilla wow than try to tune it. It doesn’t “need” changes, or to be finely tuned, or polished up.

So why is it bad if I’ll openly use the bad buff, and admit on its own it’s really not bad? It’s the lack of trust for blizzard to draw the line and thread that needle perfectly. Eventually, over the years, and after a series of small changes, we’ll be left with a game that doesn’t feel like vanilla wow. Some would already argue we’ve crossed that line with boons, batching, PvP overhaul, client/ui changes etc.

I’d rather they just leave it alone and stop mucking with it. But again, Im not convinced the new buff was meant to be here. I wouldn’t be surprised if we did intentionally get a new guild UI though.

26 Likes