Awakened Mark of Mastery No Refund Option

I know what you’re thinking - this sort of thing has been posted here a million times.

“Whoops, I bought the wrong one! Can I pls has refund?”

Typically I wouldn’t even bother posting for this but I figured I’d ask since there actually isn’t a refund option for the Awakened Mark of Mastery items for some reason. There isn’t even so much as a confirmation message for the item you’re choosing. I have to believe this is an oversight as there is a refund option or a confirmation message for basically every single other item I can think of where you’re exchanging a unique currency like this - including the season 3 Marks of Mastery. I have no idea why this season’s marks would be any different.

Anyways, yeah, I bought the wrong one. Should’ve been more careful but I’ve always played this game with the expectation that I can refund if I accidentally click the wrong one. Is a ticket hopeless even under the circumstances? Should I just submit a suggestion to add refunds for season 4 marks? Seems especially important for a token like this that is (please correct me if I’m wrong) a once-per-season token.

Thanks!

2 Likes

The first thing you should do is a full UI reset to make sure that your UI wasn’t the reason you didn’t see a confirmation or that the item is not refundable. Did you equip the item? If so, then that would make it non-refundable. If a full UI reset doesn’t resolve your issue, then post over in the Bug Report Forum so that those who work on such things can see it.

Didn’t equip the item. Tried to refund it immediately after purchasing, but the game just sold it for gold instead of returning my mark. Tried restarting the game to attempt to sell it again to no avail. Also spoke with a friend in real-time as he spent his mark and he confirmed to me that there isn’t a confirmation message nor a refund option. I’ll post this in the bug report forum.

(Also, just noting that oddly enough, that wasn’t the article I meant to go to. But when I clicked on the link to:

It sent me to first one I linked above.)

But you can always try and ask. I would just go into it with very low expectations. Crazier things have happened though, so who knows.

You can submit your ticket here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/466/ticket

Fair warning, you will likely get a templated response at first. This is normal, as they try and offer alternatives for folks who can actually handle an issue themselves. For you though, you’ll hit the button to the tune of “I still need help,” to kick it back up for a GM to review the issue.

Oh, and pay no mind to the ticket timer. It’s not the wait time for your specific ticket. It’s just an estimate based on the oldest ticket in the system.

Good luck to you.

8 Likes

Alright - I figure I’ll give a ticket a shot. If nothing else, perhaps it will get it directed to the proper channel to get it fixed, assuming what I experienced is indeed the case for everybody. In any case, I submitted a bug report as well.

Thank you very much for the response!

3 Likes

Unfortunately that won’t happen. The GM who handles it isn’t a dev and won’t really be able to pass along the info. I’d highly suggest you also post a thread in the bug report forum so the right people can actually see it.
Good luck on getting the refund!

4 Likes