Avenger's Shield a Good Start - Now Nerf Lightning Breath

They aren’t xD it’s cat/raptor meta now. Same as when scorpid got nerfed and you still saw them. Some people are just late to the party. Point is, it’s already been nerfed. Hunter has been nerfed more than a handful of times. Pet is not tanky like it used to be. Stop being bad and kite the pet back and kill it and stop crying for nerfs.

3 Likes

Interesting how vociferously you’re defending something that’s “non-meta” then. What would be the harm in nerfing it if there are way better options?

Fact of the matter is that wind serpent spamming high damage attacks from range is toxic and has less counterplay than melee pets.

It needed to be nerfed (fixed) because it was doing a 10s daze effect that was unremovable by normal means. It was acting as if it was a mob daze (when you get hit from behind by a mob). Hunter’s Concussive Shot is also a “daze” (according to the tooltip), but is able to be properly removed.

It doesn’t need one. It does high dmg from 40+ yards away every 6 sec.

Avenger shield does no damage on a 30 sec CD and Paladins are in wheel chairs. I’d say Pally needs Divine Steed or some type of movement if they don’t have a Daze.

The only good thing about Avenger shield was the Daze. They really need some sort of compensation now.

It still works exactly like it did before bro

They just fixed the unintended mob daze

Paladins are fine

1 Like

the did nerf lightning breath like a week and a half ago

3 Likes

Sure it does sound bad when you say some like “spammable for 300 dmg” which it doesn’t even do that much damage when it crits which is literally like 10% of the time at most. 1 in 10. Rest of the time its hitting for like 120 normal hits, and its not “spammable”.

You guys really need to stop your crying about hunter pets. Like… really. Its pretty clear you whiners wont be happy until pets are nerfed to doing like <10dps for beast mastery spec’d hunters and then BM hunters are literally free honor kills and bottom of the dps charts for dps builds.

Get a grip

3 Likes

Does about the same damage as lightning breath, but AS has 30 second cooldown and a slow effect.

People forever want Hunter nerfed so they never have to learn how to play against one. It’s not as simple to play as or play against a Hunter, so people would rather they just not exist so they can continue doing the same thing they do for every other class.

1 Like

Lol it is not spammable. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

3 Likes

it does that very rarely and a long cd. Nerf rogues, Nerf druids, Nerf pallies, Nerf shamans, nerf everyone.

Its already been nerfed, removing completly its interaction with kill command, lol.

Dont know what else do you want.

2 Likes

I’m defending it because it’s literally already been nerfed and things don’t need to get over nerfed due to people’s unawareness / inability to use their brains in pvp. People get killed by something and immediately think it needs nerfed when it’s already been nerfed more than once. LoS the pet, drag it back, kill it, and stop being bad. Hunter has been nerfed enough.

Didn’t do anything still hits like a truck and 3 good breathes can kill you alone. It still does 4-5 times too much dmg.

This isn’t it. The problem isn’t Hunters it’s Pets. This goes for ALL Pets whether they are Hunter or Lock or any other Class that gets one.

I’m all for Hunter buffs. I think deadzone should be removed. I would love a new rune called Power shot- that is used in melee range. If you have a gun it does a shotgun aoe and if bow it does huge single target dmg maybe a small knock back.

The problem is Pets and they always ruin gameplay. Pet have never EVER had good design in WoW. Any time they have even medium power it ruins the game for everyone else. So we should just fix Pets.

LB cost 50 focus to cast so the pet can use it twice and then can’t use it until to get another 50 focus so no the pet cant spam it.

its the highest costing pet ability in the game so its going to hit hard because the pet cant use it all the time.

Dont know what to tell you, lighting breath dmg is hitting what is supossed to hit.

I was going to tell you, go play era, but in era is hitting by the same amount at level 25.

Most of hunters in PVP are running Chimera shot and is the same slot that Beast Mastery.

And if you want a nerf to LB to hit the same with BM rune, what is supossed to bring the rune to the hunter?.

Removing the only interesting counterplay in the game isn’t a fun “buff”. I have always and will always resent retail from removing hunter’s melee entirely. My idea of Hunter has always been that it should be super strong at range, okay at melee, and almost helpless in the deadzone.

2 Likes

Log in on your SoD character so we can see where this is coming from. There are 100 different ways to counter a pet. And if the pet is hitting that hard, the hunter gave up runes and talents for it and is most likely just back there auto shotting you.

Grow up and get better ffs

1 Like

That’s just bad design. However all Class design in Vanilla is bad but that’s why SOD is here to fix that.

My idea of a Hunter is Legolas from Lord of the Rings. Someone who has powerful melee/bow skills. He can shoot you in close range and it’s even more effective.

Dead zone is as bad design as Warriors not being able to charge in combat. It’s just really bad. That’s why TBC and Wrath improved on Class design.

I don’t know what to tell you except what I already did.

Like many I’m not here to play Vanilla. I don’t play Era and believe Wrath is the pinnacle of Classic. I’m here for SOD and totally new WoW game. New Class design, items, abilities, features, content. Hopefully SOD leads to something more and is the closest too WoW 2 we get for now.