Avarius is bugged AGAIN

I copied this from the other Avarius thread, hope it helps someone. Avarius Followup : So, after deleting my pick as mentioned above and re-farming it, I had a few back and forth conversations with GM’s telling me to join Avarius groups on another realm as a fix…REALLY? After the last weekly reset, nothing seemed changed from the outside of the cave, and the pick was still not highlighted as normal quest items are, but I went all the way into cavern as I do with every update or reset, and found this time, that the brinestone deposits were now visible (they weren’t 2 days earlier) and mineable (but not highlighted, or sparkling depending on settings), they gave colored crystals, but it seemed that they were giving random ones, as the first 3 were amber, and I suspected it was broken still, until I got a second color. I proceeded to mine until I had received 5 different ones, which took about a dozen attempts mining, which wasn’t bad since deposits seemed to spawn back relatively quickly, and you could re-mine the same deposits. I placed the crystals, summoned Avarius, and got 2x copies of the osmenite deposit recipe, but no seam one after killing him, so I guess I will have to go through all of this again, but at least it seemed to miraculously start working. Good luck to all of you stuck in same spot, make sure to go in the cavern and check those deposits.

Just did this on my alt with mining and yep Rare popped up but no recipe at all…which I think is still BS…having to fight this bug issue for weeks now and still can’t get it…trying my main now see what happens…it should be a drop and only need 1 kill not many kills.

Edit…was able to summon the rare up but no drop of rank 2 recipe …sorry again its BS rank 2 is tied too a buggy rare mob.

My druid had no issues getting her rank 2 and 3 for new herb…and got rank 3 for flasks this week…other the other professions are getting it easy while us miners have to keep fighting a buggy rare mob over and over.

I’ve managed (through dumb luck) to get both recipes on one toon, still waiting for them on my other miner. I’ve noticed people will start the event and place a couple crystals then just leave. Which seems likely to be a roadblock for other people trying to do the event.

The event seems to be working, but after multiple kills, I’ve only gotten one recipe.

The question is… is this a genuine droprate bug or just REALLY poor design, gating a core recipe behind RNG?

still broken a month later, crystals placed, no spawn

Only bug I have noticed doing this event is if you have 5 of same type of crystal and then trying to grab another one from a node, that will lock down that node. Some message like its busy and the node will look like its broken. The node will reset after a summoning though. My solution to this was toss oldest duplicate crystal if you get more than 3.

If you see someone do all the crystals and a splash with no summons…that is just someone doing the initial quest…

And my numerous times doing this event, couple times did get doubled up recipes (one mailed). Never got two recipes of different time at once though. And ALOT of times not getting any, but seems you just try next summoning til you get it.

Another update, hopefully a dev will read this eventually and maybe fix this quest a bit. I have now farmed my 3rd brinestone pickaxe on the toon that was having issues, and have advice for any stuck on this issue.

1. the brinestone pickaxe doesn’t have you “accept” the mission, it just sits dormant in your inventory, if you get the pickaxe, you have to go to the cavern, you will not have a quest marker.
  2. you have to go into cave to see the brinestone deposits that you are supposed to mine, they do not glow or sparkle like a normal quest item, but if you mouse over them, they show that they can be mined.
  3. To complete the quest and summon the Avarius, you need to activate the 5 different colored crystals in the center of cave , so you need 1 of each of the 5 colors in your inventory, and acivate simply by mousing over the crystals and clicking the “gear” do not click on these in inventory, they can be used as buffs, but then disappear, and you have to go and mine more.
  4. when mining crystals from brinestone deposits, you get a random crystal, the deposits respawn relatively fast, and can be re-mined for another random.
  5. Avarius appears in center of crystal circle when last crystal is activated, he is a 120 rare, and can be soloed, so there is a low chance of anyone making a group for him, good luck on the loot, the recipes are not 100% , but he can be done more than once, if you can get the pickaxes.

I had Avarius bug for me when I tried to collect all the crystals first before adding them to the circle. Some crystals were also despawning in my bag. I got it to work yesterday by adding the crystals as I went instead of saving them.
It also bugged out for me a few weeks ago when someone else added a crystal when I was halfway through.

The crystals have a 5 minute duration, it is shown on them. It is a good idea to add them as you find them, as you discovered.