Avarius is bugged AGAIN

I’ve had the same issues since launch, I wasn’t even aware it was ‘fixed’ just assumed it was still bugged.

1 Like

Just wanted to drop in my two cents as I was already here to make a bug report on the eel-infested pool. Good times.

Ever since 8.2, my experience is that I can summon him once per week. After I summon him, the crystals remain in place for the rest of the time until reset.

Sure, it might be a coincidence, but I find it hard to believe that I have been the first player to summon/kill him every week since 8.2 dropped.

Anyway, yep, bugged/stuck.

Same problem. :confused: Check back on loops, no ore nodes/empty crystals. Meanwhile carnivorous soil pile constantly up.
Camp the spot religiously; still nothing. Really annoying to have rank 3 for herbing but stuck on rank 1 for mining.

1 Like

Bugged here as well. Really sucks that rank 2 is locked behind this thing.

1 Like

Just got this quest and put the crystals on but as I was putting in my 4th one some dang ally player started doing it too and once I was done I couldn’t summon up Avarius…add in fact my Main Moused still hasn’t had that quest to pop up either…she has the pick but no quest…this needs to be fixed now…getting 1 or 2 ores per node is beyond stupid now.

1 Like

I had the pickaxe since day one of this patch and never got the quest yet while mining as Redhoof got today …this is damn silly only getting to mine 1 or 2 ore per mine node…this needs to be fixed now.

1 Like

Day #10 for my Death Knight and I refuse to farm ore because getting 1 ore a node is a joke.

Sitting at the Avarius spawn again for about two hours now and no luck. Can’t spawn him, the crystals aren’t even visible, and I have server jumped so many times and nothing.

Meanwhile, my Alchemist got rank three for nearly every single potion type in about five minutes farming Naga. Starting to think having mining isn’t even worth my time.

Please for the love of god, make some changes to this.

6 Likes

Please fix this, Blizz … have axe, no nodes … same old !

I’ve been having this issue as well. Opened a ticket, and was basically told “try after the daily reset, if that doesn’t work, try after the weekly reset, and if neither works, you’ll have to try server jumping to get the spawn.”

I just came back to the game couple days after the patch, after not playing since September. To be greeted by this severely progress hindering (for me, my DK is a miner/BS and I want to get that belt and leg gear that cane with the patch) bug is extremely discouraging. I was planning on making the two new pieces of gear for myself, and selling extra ore to try and save up for the auction house mount.

I shouldn’t have to server jump to get something that the other professions are getting easily. I can’t come in right after daily or weekly reset due to my schedule, as I’m sure most people can’t. By the time I log in, the spawn is bugged.

Also, I did try server hopping by joining rare farm groups, and I wasn’t the least bit surprised to find that each server was bugged as well.

Please, Blizzard,?fix the bug, or fixed bd another way for us to get our rank twos. In fact, I think making it a random drop from mining the nodes until the bug is fixed would be a decent solution. Maybe make it a bit lower of a drop to accommodate the fact that it’s supposed to come off a rare. I’d be okay with that. What I’m not okay with is flying all over mining and getting 1-2 ore (rarely three) per node. More often than not, it’s 1. And occasionally I get lucky and find the seams in caves. But it’s still very slow going.

Regardless, this being bugged this long is not, in my opinion, acceptable.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s still broken here, and while I’ve killed him before when he was bugged and spawning from people doing the intro quest, nor am I a miner, I can’t believe they would actually tell you to to server-hop.

I understand bugs can be tough to track down, especially if it’s not happening on every server, but there should have been some kind of acknowledgement by now that they’re at least looking into it. I’d be pretty upset if the Carnivorous Lasher was bugged like this and unable to spawn.

Blizzard: Why can’t you hot fix this? What the heck is the intended behavior anyway? Are the crystals supposed to de-spawn after he’s been killed or what?

A little attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated!!

5 Days ago this is the answer I got for my ticket on this subject…I put in a ticket and it just got answered here is what is said…" Thank you very much for your patience as your ticket traveled here. :]

The good news here is that your hunter has indeed already completed the quest “What Will It Mine?”

The unfortunate news is that there is indeed a known bug related to summoning Avarius at the moment. We Game Masters currently do not have a workaround – I know that’s not the answer you’d hoped for today, so I do really appreciate your understanding. And I do want to assure you that the developers are well aware of the issue and actively working on a fix!"

1 Like

Only seen him spawn in warmode only…

Bugged. All the crystals have been clicked, no spawn. Singularly frustrating.

I got Rank 2 Seam last week and Rank 2 Deposit this week. Worked perfectly fine for me =(

I got Rank 2 seam last night on my mining alt, but it bugged right after me, because there were several other toons standing around obviously trying to make the shards work.

So it’s not just a bug, it’s a horribly inconsistent one. So Yaaay.

It worked for me after maintenance this morning. I hope this does not become my weekly event on Tuesday morning.
I started at about 7:53 server time - so just after maintenance and did not have all the correct shards until about 8:10 (so i passed through morning (and weekly) resets while collecting)

I tried it about 20 minutes ago and after putting in the crystals it all just despawned suddenly and nothing happened. Really irritated with this stupid rare to put it in a way the forum filter will allow.

And there is the huge problem right there …when your placing crystals any other player both sides can too and it screws it up…that’s what happen to this toon and my other alt…damn players won’t listen too you when you ask them too wait.

So Avarius seems to be fixed… to a degree.

Tonight, just out of hope, I decided to go check on him. Lo and behold, the crystal pedestals weren’t up, YAY! So I clicked on the big brinestone mound, breaking it, causing the crystal pedestals and brinestone nodes to appear.

Here’s where it gets interesting, and why I say he’s fixed to a degree. As I was trying to get all five colored stones, others cane in to do it as well. One of them got all five gems before me, and started putting them up, so I stopped and waited. The splash of water came, the nothing. I told them to hold on and let me try and for no one else to touch the crystals.

I reaquired the crystals that disappeared on me (bloody five minute timer) and out my five in. Voila, Avarius popped up, six people pummeled him, and I got my rank two monelute seam.

Here’s my theory: the person who initially clicks the large brinestone boulder and breaks it, causing the nodes and crystals to spawn, has to be the one to put the gems in to spawn him.

This kinda sucks, because if someone wanted to be a jerk and make sure no one could get the recipes, thus keeping the ore price high, all they’d have to do is click it once a day (or whatever his reset is. I assume it’s daiky, as a GM told be to try after the daily reset whe I opened a ticket) and not do anything else with it it’d be easy enough to have an alt with mining camped there so he or she could do that after getting his kill in on his main miner (so she or he can get both rank twos), and prevent others from getting him and their rank 2s.