Avarius is bugged AGAIN

Two days ago I started camping Avarius’s spawn point to get the mining recipes, waited there for hours, in General chat people announced both the carnivorous lasher and the Vor’koth rares who drop the other gathering profession recipes spawning multiple times. But no Avarius. Then yesterday, Blizzard announces they’ve fixed a bug effecting Avarius’s spawning. Hooray! I kill him and get one of the recipes, even saw him up a second time that same day. So today, I go back to get the other recipe that he drops. Waiting for hours. seen the other two gatherer rares spawn multiple times. No Avarius.

Crafting the new JC ring is the only meaningful thing I have left to do on my main before the new raid opens, which requires a MASSIVE amount of osmenite prospected, and I dont want to waste my time farming osmenite nodes I am only getting one or two ore from. This one rare is literally the only thing I need at the moment and it being broken is gating my entire progression. I’ve sunk at least ten hours waiting into it at this point, seven of those the first day just so I could be sure it was really broken so I could submit my bug report.

I know patch releases inevitably come with their share of bugs and you need to prioritize, but this one is actually game breaking for any player who just wants to be farming ore right now. It is worth immediate attention.

12 Likes

Thank you! Having this same issue. Thought I was doing something wrong! Kept using the crystals to summon him but it doesn’t do anything. The crystals are still there on the pedestals every day. Hope it gets fixed soon! Really want to start farming ore. Tired of getting just 1-3 ore per node lol

4 Likes

Don’t you have to use the Brinestone Pickaxe to mine special items to summon this rare?

yes the issue is you will click the crystals in place and he doesn’t summon so he gets stuck in a loop and never resets. Husband and I think its because since the shards are on a 5 minute timer in your bags people opanic and click the crystals as they loot, only seems to summon and not bug when you get all 5 and click them in rapid succession

1 Like

I was wondering if this was bugged myself. I’ve been to the cave multiple times and the crystals appear to be on the pedestals every single time, and the mining nodes are unavailable even with the pickaxe in my bag. I waited a couple times, killing the chitterspine nearby but the crystals never despawned and I gave up after half an hour or so. Glad I didn’t wait longer.

Strangely I was hear a couple days ago (on a non-miner) and Avarius literally spawned twice back to back. We killed it once, and it spawned within a minute again.

So this just seems really weird and frustrating at the moment :frowning:

5 Likes

Yea like I said it seems when we’ve watched it bug (I am there a lot cause I want the pet) it is because there is too long a pause in between crystals being placed. I personally haven’t seen it bug if all are placed in quick succession together. I could be wrong, but out of all the times I have seen it bug its because someone mines a couple places them then will run around mining again making it freeze up the trigger for him somehow.

Be nice if we could get some feedback from Blizzard even if they don’t fix it so we could understand what’s going wrong and hopefully avoid the problem. Still appears bugged today sigh

3 Likes

Went to spawn it for the first time on my gathering alt today, and nothing. Got the quest completion item but that was it. Watched a few other people try to summon it, but all failed. Wonder if it might have something to do with the WQ right ontop of it causing phasing issues. It’s been up for 2 days now.

Agreed. Its a pretty annoying mob to be bugged when it has two very important prof recipes. Please fix.

4 Likes

Same issue. The crystals are on the stones and there are no the mining nodes.
Beta for Azeroth continues…

1 Like

Same here. Did the quest, no Avarius. Sitting here with a pick axe and the crystals won’t despawn. Have watched a few others come and do the quest to not spawn Avarius either.

Stuck with Rank 1 mining. GG Blizz, quality product

1 Like

Yep same here, stuck with all the crystals placed and no rare spawn.

Yeah. Last night I went to see if I could summon Avarius to satisfy the “kill one rare” daily. I had a Brinestone Pick in bags but there were no nodes to mine and the summoning crystals were already there. Because of this, Avarius was unsummonable.

Seems odd these quests are so fragile.

Also have this issue last i saw they said they were looking into it and that’s it no word since. At least the lucky one can get more ore for professions or corner the market if they want to sell. Really frustrating that they would hide a recipe on a rare that spawns in a special way just asking for problems. maybe it has something to do with the phasing in the area cause of the other world quest

1 Like

Same here… and after Blizzard has done everything they can to hinder and cripple server hopping, THAT is what the GM suggested to me in response to my problem report. That I try realm-hopping to get to a server where it wasn’t busted… or wait till Tuesday and hope it resets.

These reports span back to the launch, which already covered a Tuesday too… so I have little hope. I’m now trying to pug through random groups to get to a server where it will work.

Just watched someone place the crystals, the water gush and…nothing. Gating professions behind a rare that doesn’t even work as intended

3 Likes

Can we just put these upgrades on the trainer until this crud is fixed please?

5 Likes

Same problem on Proudmoore. The crystals are on the pedestals, and nobody can summon him, just the water splash and nothing else…

Come on Blizzard. Please fix this. All my miners want to get to rank 2 please.

4 Likes

Was able to summon him twice after reset but at some point he bugged again same thing the crystals wont reset

2 Likes