AV Weekend & Double Honor

Is the AV Weekend stacking with the double honor bonus we get in prepatch?

Yes, after all of these equations we get a total of 112 extra Honor from every AV, win or lose. The weekend is worth “4 kills” according to a very old bluepost, which currently is (14x4)x2.

1 Like

Totally worth the 22min queue timers :frowning:

I don’t think the double honor is working correctly for AV weekend. I’m getting the same amount of honor that I was getting yesterday. Hopefully, this gets more awareness since this is our last change to get some honor before TBC…

2 Likes

I have to agree, I dont believe it is.

The only thing AV Weekend gives is 4 extra kills worth of honor for completing the map. The honor gains are basically the same.

I also agree, the honor doesn’t seem to be anything extra atm.

Its not. AB weekend didnt grant bonus honor either. They arent fixing sh1t at this point.

Pretty disheartening, was counting on some higher honor gains from AV this weekend. Would settle for shorter queue times, but those didn’t change even. This whole “pre-patch” has been just awful.

Chin up Buckeroo! They will probably start up the TBC Classic Store soon with new mounts and pets!

2 Likes

Double AV honor (4x) is definitely not activated. Getting the same amount of gains for 4 towers + belinda + win as previous week with the innate 2x honor for all bgs.

1 Like

Honor weekend does not mean double Honor. For AB it means you gain bonus honor ever 200 resources instead of every 330, and for AV it means that completing the game nets you ~112 bonus honor.

Everything is working as “intended”, it’s just garbage.

idk where you’re getting 4x from lol

I’m not sure, sign of battle is 2x, AV weekend is supposed to be 2x. If my math is correct that would be 4x?

1 Like

I doubt they go off of each other. Say you get 200 honor. You get 2 100% increases to that. One is 200 more, the other is 200 more. Would be 600 or 3x

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Battlegrounds_holiday

For AV the only difference is that all players regardless of win or loss get 4 extra kills worth of honor for completing a game.

Kills are 14 honor (x2 from double honor) = 28 x 4 for completing a game = 112

Additionally, blues have confirmed that scoreboards do not show the double honor, so honor gained is twice as much as the scoreboard shows.

For AV the only difference is that all players regardless of win or loss get 4 extra kills worth of honor for completing a game.

Kills are 14 honor (x2 from double honor) = 28 x 4 for completing a game = 112

Additionally, blues have confirmed that scoreboards do not show the double honor, so honor gained is twice as much as the scoreboard shows.

I can also personally confirm yesterday double honor + HK kill honor being updated immediately to the honor values. I’m glad they added the instant calc (in early TBC it used to calc on daily reset). Games are giving me anywhere from 600-800 bonus honor plus HK kill honor per…

I get that you’re linking stuff, I’m letting you know my honor gains today are the exact same as Wed, with 4 towers + balinda + win coming out to ~700 honor.

1 Like

Honestly at this point its impossible to tell what is broken & what is “working as intended”

These forums are just abandoned

1 Like

ab was giving points every 200 points instead of 330. I think it people are mistaken in thinking a weekend = double bbonus honor.

I only got 1100 honor in an hour. I won 3 AV’s and got 5 capped on an AB in that time (which was only abt 10 mins and i’d have been in av que otherwise and wouldn’t have even had another game within that hour). that’s pretty terrible honor gain considering i won 3 of 4 bg’s and all 3 wins were AV(weekend “bonus”). One 3 bunker win, and two 2 bunker wins straight down the pipe with no delays.

Assuming i continue the win/loss ratio (unlikely) - 1100 honor an hour would be very roughly 36 hours of playtime just for the weapons alone.

Not sure i see myself farming honor gear in TBC. maybe for 2-3 items. Otherwise going to focus on pve where the rewards are a bit more reasonable and just focus on arena points when arena releases. No point no lifeing for blue pvp gear regardless of the resil bonus.

1 Like