AV is officially dead

Riiiiiiiiight.
I somewhat doubt that.

1 Like

The solution is bring back av premades for alliance. At least when it was an alliance win the horde could kill some NPCs for honor and get out in 10 mins. It also had the side effect of keeping wsg (and by extension now ab) free of premaders since if you wanted to rank you had to spam av. Win win for everyone

3 Likes

Never fear, as that lameness has begun to permeate the horde side as well. Last night in a loss, we had ~10 such honor sponges, they were at their keyboard responding to players asking for them to be tagged as AFK. They remained mounted or stealthed, just outside of the PVP action but close enough to soak up honor, and we marked them with raid icons to call them out. At one point they literally began the “just lose” crap. I guess the length of the game was cutting into their just rewards for being intentional dead weight.
https://imgur.com/hpPkfbg

The most comical part of the BG was when they lashed back at me because I was a L56 in AV and was contributing nothing. At that point I had already assaulted and soft capped towers 11 times. As a L56

The RCR in AV needs it’s teeth back. Both sides suffer from the pseudo-afkers.

1 Like

But they cant ban afkers with faction balance as bad as it is, you’d never get a game.

I would rather have a more rare AV with players who are actually PLAYING in the AV, than a more timely AV queue with players who are actively avoiding any play whatsoever in it beyond being a warm body soaking up rep/honor.

2 Likes

Yea me too but all blizzard sees is it pissing off a majority of their playerbase.

I feel like once a big change like that is made and alliance queue up and find that they can take IB GY and generate some offense, that it will lead to more people queuing.

Hard to say though, alliance morale in AV is literally just a disaster at this point so who knows if it’s actually fixable.

What’s pathetic is that all they really needed to do was nerf or remove the cave respawn. Instead of doing this incredibly obvious, easy, and highly requested change, they ignored everyone and did a bunch of other irrelevant changes instead. So the BIGGEST problem in AV, one which could EASILY be fixed, is still there.

2 Likes

I’d like AV with the mines and mine layer and buffed npcs.

2 Likes

And shredder, and body part turn ins, and Korrak, and the trolls, and the syndicate…

2 Likes

While it would be nice if the map were more balanced it still doesnt fix the root of the issue. Most PvPers rolled horde for the racial advantage and we have to address this problem before any of the changes you all are asking for will have any positive effect whatsoever.

The ship has sailed on AV. The only way you’re shortening the qs OR fixing how lopsided the games are is if faction population balance is solved.

To be fair, at this point I’d probably not que anyways but I think that should have been the okay from the start.

Yeah, that’s the biggest problem I have; just let alliance be able to challenge for IB GY and everything else falls into place.

Instead, we’re getting everything else patched except the one aspect that makes IB GY defense too easy.

1 Like

Except for horde who like to play with friends. The early AV days were bar none my least favorite time for PVP. If I wanted to rank my only option was to solo queue into AV and compete with 24/7 PVP bots. Chat was always toxic. It was completely random if the game would be good or bad.

This only works if both sides can premade, if so then sure bring back the AV ally premades along with the horde AV premades.

1 Like

It feels more like the afk horde are alliance who came over to horde and use the same strategy they used as alliance to get their rep/honor afk leeching.

1 Like

Dude, there is no evidence to suspect that overall balance within each region (remember that ALL of the server types are lumped together into the queues) is all that lopsided. The fact of the matter is that players who choose alliance simply tend to dislike PVP.

The frustrating thing is that they are not actually AFK, but are actively following along, just outside of the actual PVP. No doubt the ones on the alliance side are doing the same.

at this point you have to think the game only has two patches left. people have been talking about TBC for months. The momentum of Classic is over. Fixing AV in 6 months wont bring anyone back even if it’s properly fixed.

Well, at least Ion got his “clarity” with v1.12. Which I had thought originally that it meant “less work”, but they turned around and literally DID the work, and then handed it to the game that wasn’t even asking for it, while withholding it from the museum piece from vanilla, where the players were BEGGING for it.

It is one of the most blatant signals of what the company thought about the classic project.

Alliance have (in general) more people doing this than horde do because the long que time is effective at keeping a lot of afk leeches attitude away because by the time the que pops they want to maximize the benifit they get from the BG. Sure horde have leechers, but considerably less than alliance on average.