AV is now going to die within the next few days

This is an outright lie.

EU and SA both have the same issues as the US servers.

Asian servers don’t have the issue because the meta is both rush to end the game asap. They don’t turtle on Asia and the entire game is based around boss rushing. It’s all min/max for them.

The difference is that on Asia servers, the Horde are actually smart enough to play the rush game because it results in more honor/rep and faster games.

5 Likes

This is what horde in NA don’t seem to grasp. When both sides rush there’s a ~50/50 win rate especially since premades were broken and even the losing side gets decent honor/rep. When horde play scorched earth, a strat alliance have no effective counter to, alliance get basically nothing.

And then they act confused about why alliance don’t want to queue for AV.

8 Likes

Just got off of the phone with AV. It says the rumors of it’s impending death were greatly exaggerated.

And now seemingly you promote the race so that alliance will want to queue for AV…
:thinking:

Could you enlighten me on this? Or provide a link?

The fix isn’t in yet it’s coming on july 28th.

People are doing AV now as quickly as possibly because they know past this date there isn’t a reason to bother.

AV fix has been implemented for almost a week now. They did it last Tuesday.

Horde queue times will slowly increase in the coming weeks as alliance will continue to see the futility in queuing this BG. In addition, the exponential increase in time for Alliance to get exalted will further discourage alliance players queuing, thus resulting in even longer horde queues.

Say what you want, whatever the problem may be - it isnt fun winning 1:50 games. No matter how bad a player is at any competitive game, this W/L ratio shows a definite problem. I’m bad at many games:league, dota, overwatch, yet my win ratio is much higher.

Pretty sure the AV fixes are in now. I know for a fact the bunker block is in.

The core problem is the large number of alliance who are still pouting about exploits being removed, and their willing sabotage of any chance alliance have.

No I’ve been in many games where the alliance tries to win. There are games with people with bad attitudes, but many games I’ve joined the strategy was to win. I’ve had many experiences trying to win and getting rolled. From neutral to exalted I won 1 game.

Argue all day about “bad attitude players”.
In other games, I still have a higher w/l ratio with bad attitude players. It’s not the reason we lose as much as we do. It is a reason we lose some games, yes. Others, no.

1 Like

There are numerous reasons Alliance get rolled in AV (and in AB/WSG as well, although they tend to win those more).

The damage is too severe at this point to be meaningfully addressed in Classic.

It may be too ingrained to be addressed even in TBC. TBC will actually be even worse unless Blizzard does something.

1 Like

Wow that patch note is worded terribly it gives me the impression it would be in by the 28th.

6 days later when does it die again?

Can’t believe Horde are trying to defend our imbalanced AV map. It’s that way because AV started as a different concept, but regardless we’ve got the advantage, denying it and telling Allies to just ‘‘want to win’’ is dishonest.

But at least we capped Stables.

2 Likes

Once the wave of people who already started grinding their rep leave. Also once every alliance realizes you get 200-300 rep a game on average now and the grind will take you over 80 hours played not including queue times.

1 Like

Half the people don’t even know its live.

Don’t worry in a few weeks it will grow.

As a holy pala with 20 into prot I took the 3% hit and my stun almost never missed on orcs as long as I jumped through them and hit from behind. Pve mechanics still exist in pvp. If you are fighting face to face you need the soft hit cap or your stun will be missed a lot. Or you have to be smart enough to time it when the are not facing you. UD are the gods of pvp taciald, WoTF and cannibalize in between kills.

Hoj is a spell, spells can’t be dodged,blocked or parried. That would be like me needing to frostbolt someone in the back.

1 Like

Yeah, it can be resisted though which is a miss - and hit chance only helps to an extent with spells. I wonder though, would spell penetration reduce the resistance to stuns or is that completely different from spell resists?

Because if Orcs have a blanket 30% chance to resist stuns that is non-interactive… that’s even worse.

That’s different.

I was just informing him that hojing from any direction would be the same outcome. He doesn’t gain a higher chance to hit him with hoj if he’s casting it while the orc is turned around.

They resist the mechanic, not the spell tree.