AV how to win against horde?

Makes sense - but the fact is - it’s what we have ALWAYS DONE. Horde is reacting to our nonsense premades and now don’t rush to win AV.

This is our fault.

It will take 6-8 months of retraining the BG to fix it. But to every ally player here crying about it needs to skive right off. Because this was never a problem before we are just playing poorly.

5 Likes

Keep queuing until you happen to get an alliance group that is vastly better than the horde group.

That’s really the only way to overcome the map advantage.

Or stop queuing until horde stop playing scorched earth.

4 Likes

It only works when a full on zerg would likely also have worked.

That’s absolutely not the case. It requires prioritizing hitting the right graveyards in the right order. When it’s executed correctly it forces the horde to respond either by doing a mass recall to try and wipe the alliance south, or to PVE race to the Drek /Van.

Right so it’s just a zerg with extra steps.

And because it’s more complicated both compared to zerging or the horde counter it’s even less likely to work. Horde still just zug zug to SH, soft cap it and then send a few back to pick off any alliance south.

2 Likes

You just admitted the horde need to play D for this strat to work and still call it a zug zug.

3 Likes

Wait for TBC, that’s when AV gets REBALANCED.

Patch 2.3 and 2.4.

2 Likes

Unless things majorly go wrong the majority of the horde team does not, they will zug zug to SH and then keep pushing north, which makes it far simpler than your overly complicated strat that requires everyone on alliance to play perfectly.

1 Like

Noob here
why did Alliance always dominate on pservers, yet get roflstomped on classic? Is it due to the version of AV? Playerbase differences (more tryhard folks on pservers, more PVEers in classic?)

I thought the “bridge of death” and laughable horde base/towers made the map be considered as Alliance-favored

4 Likes

It’s not my strat, I’ve personally never tried it, I don’t play alliance. I wouldn’t call hitting graveyards in a specific order playing perfectly but if that’s what you interpret. OP asked for a strat that will beat the horde in AV. IMO they don’t get much more solid than this.

2 Likes

And I explained why it’s not solid. The conditions where it will work would be the same conditions simply zerging would have worked under, which is a simpler strat.

1 Like

You never explained anything, you just said it’s the same thing as a full Zerg.

No I said the conditions it will succeed under are the same conditions that a zerg will succeed under, horde either need to be playing minimal to no D because they are also zerging or the alliance team has to be vastly better. Which means you might as well just zerg.

2 Likes

dont afk and actually think

2 Likes

I love how this mantra still exists.

4 Likes

Because they do zug zug SHGY every game because once it’s softcapped horde can send anyone south behind a choke that took them one gy cap to set up.

2 Likes

The only thing I can interpret from this is that it requires the alliance not to pursue IBGY, therefore it’s too complicated and if it’s too complicated then you may as well just zerg.

1 Like

Yes now you’re starting to understand why it’s not a good strat. If you have two strats that require the same conditions to work but one is more complicated and therefore less likely to succeed it’s the worse strat.

2 Likes

The discrepancy between the quantity and quality of Horde that PVP compared to Alliance is too big.

Horde have been the faction to be on retail for way too long and it’s spilled over into a larger chunk of the competent/more hardcore players being Horde.

It’s terrible for the game, especially the PVP facet of the game.

Pointing to it and saying ‘Hur Hur Player Issue’ is stupid and only part of the story.

When you social engineer players for years to roll Horde…then end up with highly imbalanced factions…that is a player made issue driven by garbage design decisions which are made repeated over the course of multiple expansions with no course correction.

Classic WoW balance was.alwsys going to b a dumpster fire after they comitted to ‘no changes’ (mostly because it was easy for Blizz and less work).

2 Likes

And now seemingly you promote the race so that alliance will want to queue for AV…
:thinking:

4 Likes