AV how to win against horde?

How do you suggest? Give me a 5 step plan that doesnt involve crying about map advantage. I’m serious guys I would like to see different ideas that we could try. I see alot of turtling and then when we finally get pushed to our cave that’s when we make a move. I know we have some geniuses in this group, and I know we have a good group of players willing to try things to shove it to the horde.

2 Likes

take SH and SFGY, take SH bunker and keep assaulting IBGY by going around the tower Galv is in on the western side. once you cap IBGY summon Ivus and push south with him.

4 Likes

Step 1: Make sure no one is AFK.
Step 2: Don’t give up when it looks like it is going to run past 15 min.
Step 3-4: ??
Step 5: Profit

3 Likes

You cant outstrategize glaring imbalances.

13 Likes

Easiest way to win is not to play.

20 Likes
  1. Run to SF GY - leave 15 till it caps.

2. Run to FWGY - wait for cap

3. Have stealthers clear towers in south while FWGY is capping

4. Take relief hut/towers

5. Win

It’s worked for 15 years, and on private servers. Alliance in classic are bad. There is no map imbalance - except the one that favors us - we are bad, we lose due to being bad, and we should stop crying about it.

12 Likes

Play on AV weekend, preferably on Friday when the horde still don’t know WTF is going on.

Are you trying to get the win AV quest for the reward?

Yes, every time I’ve lost, since the AV premade days, it’s been due to this strategy. Good luck in getting the (pre)60 alt rep grinders to follow this though.

And yet - somehow the horde that is under-dog in AV does it.

Horde are the underdog??

2 Likes

This is the key step and the distinct difference between horde and alliance. As soon as the alliances plan is foiled they literally stop trying. Horde meanwhile turn things around time and time again. The only time horde loses is if you have a cry baby in there saying its impossible to win because something went wrong early on.

3 Likes

You are the problem the op points out.

3 Likes

THIS!

Much of the problems are player based. AV can’t be played like a “solo group”, One player can NOT win the game for the group. You have to actually play supportive roles to each other.

2 Likes

Oh we did that, they were called premades. However, the horde whined and whined and whined and Blizzard made sure to hotfix that for them. Now we have this PUG AV nightmare and its crickets from Blizzard.

3 Likes

Alleged map imbalances are not the problem. Alliance AV players don’t care or try, they are content farming crystals until they lose SHGY and then afk out.

Magically, on AV weekend when the rankers join, everyone tries and wins. Then it’s back to crystal farming for another month after the weekly reset.

7 Likes

The caliber of players in AV Alliance side certainly matters.

Usually all the better Alliance players are doing 10 man WSG or 15 man AB unless it’s AV weekend, and even then it depends.

1 Like

Wait for av weekend when the r14 grinding groups are playing. Then play until your group is against a group that is worse enough to yours and it is not enough to just go want to win if someone doesn’t state a plan to win most people will assume rep/honor grind. Keep an eye on kill/deaths and if your kills are high enough state how bad the other team is and say to push advantage.

Generally yell at people to focus graveyards and win the race.

And overcoming a horde turtle is worse as you need to be more powerful enough to break through initial fighters past the ranged dps and healers.

You don’t have to premade to cooperate with the other players in the BG

2 Likes

Obviously don’t be a kek rush drek

Blizzard can’t fix your ability to play. The premades were nonsense. This was not a problem for any iteration of wow. This is a player issue.

7 Likes

I have seen the alliance win with this strategy. I’ve also seen alliance lose with this same strategy because not enough would commit to it.

5 Likes