AV Cave Rez situation

11-5. Too bad I was already exalted because I would have enjoyed a run like that when I was grinding rep.

2 Likes

Just had another guildie say he got trashed in AV about 10 minutes ago. Not even AV weekend at this point.

1 Like

I agree, allies have been winning more this AV weekend than Iā€™ve seen since the AV premade days. Iā€™ve been mostly rep grinding my horde alt and the losses have been pretty bad and the horde in the chat in these games have been extremely upset that they arenā€™t getting their regular wins. Almost everybody talks about how the other horde players are terrible and AV weekend is terrible.

Iā€™ve also played as alliance in around 10 games this AV weekend.

The alliance have adapted really well especially this weekend. Iā€™m not exactly sure why this has happened this weekend specifically.

Allies have come up with some pretty good strats that work. The last AV weekends I did as alliance we did win quite a few but the strat was to go to IBGY at first as a group and try to take it. We could take it if we outgeared them or had more healers etc. So if we were better weā€™d hard cap, if not theyā€™d wipe us and game over.

I was in a game on my horde last night where they used the ā€œcobra stratā€ where allies hide in SHGY until SFGY caps and just keep coming out to wipe horde, that one. Anyway in this game when we capped they went south and took everything along the way and left a few at each node, and the majority were in the horde base within 8 minutes. It looked like a premade but it wasnā€™t. They even summoned Ivus.

Edit: 2 minutes after I typed this a horde guildie is like ā€œAV is a fkin mess LOL I GIVE UPā€. The guy is an ally reroll too.

2 Likes

What I am reading here:

1. Alliance adopted a new strategy (I remember reading about this last month for AV weekend. I donā€™t recall reading about this strategy prior to last monthā€™s AV weekend, but it might be older).
  2. It took a little while for that strategy to be socialized to the faction (it had mixed results).
  3. Once this monthā€™s AV weekend rolled around, some of the better players utilized the strategy AND the additional Alliance players actually followed their lead, the games started to come out as Alliance wins / close losses.
    Moral of the story, Alliance finally adopted a different strategy that appears to be effective and they won a lot of games using it last AV weekend. From what I have been hearing, Alliance won a ton this weekend. Apparently it is carrying over post AV weekend as well.
    I hope this isnā€™t a mirage.
3 Likes

The holiday is still ongoing. 16 AVs going right now so Im assuming horde queues are still an hour or less. Anecdotal evidence only but yea, been a great AV weekend for the alliance. Still got the rest of monday to go though.

Ive won most games using the cubby strat but Ive had a couple where we took SF instead of the horde and beat em without ever losing an inch of ground. Had a game where the horde were pushing SP after a long farm fest at SHGY but some of us got south and killed Galv, took IBGY and burned the mid towers which gave us enough momentum to pull the game out even though we were way behind at one point.

2 Likes

According to the map criers the game is over after SHGY falls. Ty for proving them wrong as I have been telling them this entire time lol.

But they will say your lying or you just outplayed the horde so badly it didnā€™t even matter (even though you lost SHGYā€¦)

Donā€™t worry in 5 levels I will start my AV journey on this guy, it says Iā€™m 44 but Iā€™m 46.

I will even use the addon to track my win/loss record.

Yeah, Then the first game of today was a sad circus ending with an alliance clown car wiping us at Galvanger. They pulled Lieutenant Grummus AND the Icelord Shaman into the 5 of us with galv at 50%.

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever had that happen before.

So you will do what you did on alliance and hold your team back by queing in at 51 until exalted then finish leveling?

1 Like

Never qued as a low lvl on my alliance toons, not sure where all your wrong info comes from?

Holding back??

I will be healing and dispelling the trash can horde players who can dispell poison but sit full vipers.

Also the horde advantage is so massive it doesnā€™t matter.

Sounds like you havenā€™t played much in the last couple days then. Perhaps you should rather than continuing to assume everything isnā€™t working like others are saying they are.

1 Like

Iā€™m just a type of person who doesnā€™t believe people.

I need the proof kind of guy even if itā€™s not in my favor and even if it is in my favor I still need the proof.

I guess Iā€™m the opposite of all of you.

You all believe everything that goes with your argument and deny everything that goes against your argument even with both arguments present no proof

Generally speaking, I am willing to believe people until they make statements that are incorrect, incomplete, or generally ignorant. Then I start looking at their statements with a large grain of salt. In this case, the players posting their statements on AV corresponds with the statements I have seen in guild chat making me think that it is unlikely that ā€œeveryone in here is lying.ā€

Itā€™s not that I think people are lying.

Itā€™s more leaning that their are 2 sides to this coin and everyone here to me is on either side without regard for the other sides experience.

Iā€™m unbiased in what I say as far as AV. If Alliance say had all the advantages and I was alliance I would call out alliance.

Im unbiased I guess where I tend to see a trend of the few horde here who are full Zug Zug no matter what.

Like I said before Alliance could be forced to Que without weapons and Red would tell alliance they could of won if they just trained to 300 unarmed skillā€¦see alliance have given up and are leeching.

I mean, I still think they should change the respawns at both the cave and the SFGY. I donā€™t think 1 weekend mitigates that at all. At this point, there is at least a glimmer of hope for me that good games might finally be happening in AV again. I am cautiously optimistic. That said, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if this ends up being an AV weekend thing and the games go back to being dumpster fires after a lot of the good players leave again.
So long story short, I hope this becomes a thing. I really truly do. AV has been trash for waaaaaaaay too long.

2 Likes

Well like I said I can actually test stuff out as my shaman will be queing while I quest.

I wanted to time the cave rez time to run out of the cave and mount.

That mage Jormungus or whatever said it takes 12 seconds to run out of the cave, making cave to IBGY 40 seconds and not 28 like the video suggests.

At face value I donā€™t believe it takes 12 seconds to leave the cave, but I will time it.

Also wanna see where horde are at on the map in each of my games as I donā€™t want to que for it on this priest because Iā€™m not playing the priest so itā€™s a massive waste of time to do a bigger sample size.

This is what I meant by not really taking what people say at face value, I feel like everyone has a side, and they will nit pick data that favors their side.

I donā€™t think it is 12 seconds either. I think it might be 7-8 though. Plus mount time. I havenā€™t walked it either though.
If you arenā€™t interested in priesting, definitely donā€™t queue. If you wait, you can get the shaman all the way up prior to the next AV weekend too.

Well all the videos start from the gate, so it takes the time to walk out of the cave from the gate and mount up.

His opinion or atleast what heā€™s saying he timed was 12 seconds from spirit healer to out of the cave.

Which seems way higher than Iā€™d picture it, especially since you can kind of die and start away from the spirit healer towards the exit.

Without timing it, based on my feels I think itā€™s going to be 5 seconds.

So if Iā€™m right itā€™s going to be 32 seconds from cave to IBGY. Which is still much faster than shgy to IBGY or SPGY to IBGY.

Typically speaking if alliance have IBGY they 99% of the time have lost shgy.

Iā€™m off Tues and wed so Im planning to start ranking at 51 in AV while I level as I want to try for r13, idk if I can as a dad gamers tho.

I get that you want to see it yourself Reapers and nothing against your commentsā€¦

But Iā€™ve played on both sides extensively and also spent this AV weekend playing quite a bit on both sides.

So itā€™s not really true that everyone only sees one side.

I do think changes should be made to AV to make it more balanced for the alliance for the record.

Edit I read your most recent stuff and I guess you say that everyone is bias to one side, ok well thatā€™s a fine opinion. I have both because I really wanted to see what both sides were like. I found the whole experience pretty interesting. Hopefully you find it interesting as well.

5k posts, and alliance are finally fighting back in AV. Woo!