AV Cave Rez situation

Just won again lol

1 Like

Glad to hear. I’ve been busy with RL the last few days so I haven’t been able to participate this AV weekend. Hoping to get at least a few games in later tonight though.

Not just winning but even dominating in some games. The win I just came out of we pushed the horde around easy and owned the whole map, they didnt cap anything.

Nice to get your 150hks from horde GYs like IB and FW instead of sitting at SHGY for 3/4 of the game.

I am sure there will be many players who will come here and say that you are lying about your 8-3 record this weekend. They will say something like “well I lost all 10 of the games I was in, so this was just a fluke.”

Yes that’s how odds work, a 10-15%(since it’s AV weekend) win rate doesn’t mean you will have that exact win rate or even what the break down will be.

That 8-3 could easily have turned into 40-3 had they played more games.

Apparently you don’t understand how probability works then since the probability of winning 8 games and losing 3 games based on a map that gives an 85-90% win probability to the other side is miniscule. It is almost like the map gives a 10% advantage and the Alliance players didn’t have the same number of skilled/motivated players in there or something. Who knew?

2 Likes

Once again that’s how statistics work, a low win rate doesn’t mean it’s impossible to go on a win streak. It just means that person got very lucky and had an experience far outside the norm.

See here is the thing. We can go with the more complex and less likely “statistically it could happen” approach, or we could go with the more simplistic explanation. More good players joined this weekend on the Alliance side and that led to more wins for people on the Alliance side.

1 Like

And virtually everyone has acknowledged the win rate goes up marginally on AV weekends.

It however never comes close to what it should on a balanced map.

8-3 != marginally. Good try though. And to be clear, I still don’t think the map is balanced and still think it should be altered. I have never thought it was some 90% slant though.

1 Like

The win rate going up to 10-15% makes it more likely some alliance will get lucky and get that kind of a streak.

That’s just ridiculous. Especially when he was saying that a lot of the games weren’t close and even 2 of the losses were close losses. It is almost like when the good players join and decide they want to play the map that the matches become far more even.

1 Like

Your logic and critical thinking is hurting his feelings.

Because if he acknowledged that the map isn’t this huge factor that makes him lose most of his AV games he has to take an ounce of personal responsibility for his losses.

I’ve been trying to point out to the map criers the map is not nearly as big a factor as they make it out to be, but they always ignore the logical reasoning behind evidence of it and Insult me/call me a troll or use circular arguing to try and distract themselves from the truth.

Good luck getting him to understand the any of that though becaus he has his fingers in his ears screaming “it’s all the maps fault!” And won’t listen to any form of logical reasoning.

Alliance rocked it this weekend. 15 wins out of 20 games. Finally had the big D at the bridge that alliance won with in vanilla. Its actually far stronger than vanilla since blizz took away the backdoor for horde.

Still missing the ability for warlocks to be able to summon in AV.

3 Likes

Nice to see alliance using their map advantages for once.

It certainly was. The games take longer but that’s the way alliance need to play if they cant win the battle for sfgy or ibgy

I’ve told the map criers this but they “feel” the bridge and their cave Rez is worthless.

In reality it causes longer games and they want fast games because if the fast que times so they preach that the bridge/alliance cave is worthless.

On pr*vate servers a Horde mage could get to the Black Lotus node spawn faster than any other class too.

I went 482-1 on AV weekend.

See i can also spout out numbers without any proof, and you should believe me like you believe him because people on the internet dont lie.

1 Like

They can. They probably didn’t though. In guild chat I heard about several Horde losses as well. 3 separate sources.