AV Cave Rez situation

Go read past posts, have I mentioned using the SPGY as a death trap for horde by flanking them with cave Rez? By camping their GY spawn there?

That is one of the alliance map advantages, the SPGY is a trap for horde to cap because of how alliance can turn it into a death trap. It’s why horde would skip capping it I’m actual vanilla.

It seems some alliance have, for once, used that GY properly to a degree.

Though your not supposed to recap it. You keep horde stuck there with 15-20 players who can burn the 10 spawn down (need at least one hunter to stop sneaky rogues with flare) the rest of the alliance go south and take EVERYTHING. Because horde will try to ghost run south at some point (some of them) but you soft cap SHGY, so they have to run farther, you soft cap SFGY, IBGY, exc. Forcing them into their cave to spawn. Then you soft cap SPGY and it forces all horde into the cave, by this time you have 20 people outside of the cave and ready to kill with the rest of alliance heading down to join. By the time the alliance get there from the north you send a team down to the trinket spot to kill horde that trinket out. By the time horde can push you back you have burned almost everything and can just go to their boss and kill.

I have told you to use SPGY as the way you did that game to use it as a death trap, but you all kept saying your cave is worthless… That your bridge is worthless…

You use them to trap horde. The method you used was not uncommon in vanilla and is why horde would avoid capping SPGY. Instead we would try to trap alliance at the spawn of that GY, hold them down there with a team and push past the bridge with the rest until we broke though after 30+ minutes usually having to use ice daddy. But alliance could counter this by ghost running to their cave and going south to soft cap SHGY after the Rez cycle ran by.

There’s counterplay and strategy options for alliance. Them not using their own map advantages 99% is not the maps fault.

1 Like

I know you don’t understand this but RNGing into a vastly superior team has always been one of the win conditions.

I know you don’t know this but TRAINING your faction to play properly even in pugs is possible. After all the horde had to do it.

You had a race meta, some horde somewhere found the best method to counter it and after a few months of trying to get horde to put it into practice it stopped the race meta and got horde a decent winrate vs the worse premade alliance who couldn’t adapt to the hordes adapted strategy.

Then premades were broken. Horde were trained to do “scorched earth” while alliance kept trying the race meta in their pugs.

Make a strategy that counters hordes strategy and train the alliance to use it. Horde already went through this process and alliance are refusing to adapt instead blaming everything but themselves.

It took horde months to be trained to do scorched earth. So start training the alliance to use your map advantages properly.

1 Like

There are few things more rewarding in classic than kicking the horde’s butt in AV.

1 Like

Which has nothing to do with the horde map advantage.

I understand you don’t realize this but when the teams are relatively even the team with the massive map advantage will win almost every time. Weird how that’s exactly how AV plays out.

RNGing into a team that’s simply much better isn’t a matter of training your faction or getting good, it’s pure RNG.

The cave is worthless. Under no circumstance is that cave location worth anything.

The bridge only works if Horde ALLOW it to. This is what you don’t seem to understand.

In a worse case scenario Horde chill out at SHGY until we get bored and quit, or they get bored and quit.

So you understand that a stand-off is the worst thing that can happen, right? And this is very unlikely.

And now you’re back on ignore. Debating with a cactus would be a better use of my time.

The only reason a stand off works in hordes favor is because of que time vs game duration.

Horde will try to win longer than alliance in AV on a stand off (on average) because horde invested 2+ hours to get into the AV. Alliance invested about 5 minutes.

Your complaining about game duration being in hordes favor because your que times are so short making fast games (even if a loss) better for your repPH/HPH farm.

Hordes map advantages come into play early in the game, alliance come later but if used right can trap horde for an easy (but long) win for alliance.

Horde have to cross that bridge to win, which means they will cap SPGY, use that to your advantage and GY camp them as they Rez at SPGY. And send some alliance south to cap everything.

Keep in mind you don’t want to soft cap SPGY back until you have basically everything south near a hard cap.

But this takes long games, that’s why alliance don’t use this strategy that would vastly improve their win percentage but drastically increase the average game duration.

1 Like

Oh no, you are absolutely wrong. I would queue up for AV again if I was going to be starting from the south. With child-like glee. And cackle like a crazy person.

And afk out any time you started in the north, if they randomized it.

1 Like

11 more levels and all of a sudden I’m going to be amazing at AV I can’t wait.

You say that as if horde wouldn’t be doing the exact same thing.

They would AFK out right after they lost shgy.

Winnin all day baby whats goin on horde?

They’re inside their meeting room learning how to adapt pre-mades again

It’s AV weekend. I won 5 in a row on my alliance a few AV weekends back.

1 Like

More Alliance pre-mades also

With a 2+ hour wait? We won’t be giving up as easily. Compared to alliance 5 min wait.

1 Like

It’s not a question of giving up, horde wouldn’t be able to get any better than a 10-15% win rate starting up north.

And just like alliance they wouldn’t take it.

Horde would have a higher win rate than that when in the north because even if we got stuck holding the bridge we wouldn’t just give up and eventually the alliance would start afking out because they finished their rep turn ins.

Que time vs game duration is a factor, even if you refuse to accept that

1 Like

The only reason horde might have a higher win rate would be because alliance wouldn’t be playing scorched earth when they start south.

And nope trying to turtle the bridge would work out just as badly for horde as it does for alliance. ICe guy gets summoned, whoever is trying to turtle bridge loses.