AV Cave Rez situation

You mean when people had no idea how to play the game?

Well i am done banging my head into a brick wall you guys have fun believing the map is fair and the earth is flat.

See, this is why nobody puts effort into seriously engaging you with “evidence”.

That may well have been true, but the meta is completely different.

What % of players were ability clickers then compared to now?

The main thing I recall about late vanilla AV was that it was mostly a base race scenario in most games. Alliance should win more often than horde if horde doesn’t use the cave respawn to defend IB GY.

I can only speak for my battle group but that was basically my experience as well. The vast majority of games did not come down to alliance trapped north of SHGY. It was either a pure zerg or people wouldn’t start playing D until both sides had an offensive GY. So instead of scorched earth you had delaying tactics while trying to get to the enemy general.

You are correct. The alliance meta is heavily influenced by their virtual lack of queue times. The horde are simply playing the BG as it was originally intended to be played, as it was played back in vanilla in fact, before the races began. The alliance meta is “do not bother with AV, and if you do, do not waste your time on long games even if it results in a win”.

And yet the biggest map blaming cheerleader of this thread has stated quite clearly that the race meta only really began once the reinforcement mechanic was introduced in TBC. I was kind enough to cite his post above if you feel like scrolling up.

As for the cave respawn stopping a race by alliance? That is ridiculous. Unless you imagine that the race meta included attempts to take IBGY.

:thinking:

Wait, what?

Yeah, that’s what I thought you said.

Basically 1.12 in vanilla was basically a race/zerg meta, as well as not being a race/zerg meta, and to prevent the zerg/race meta one needs to simply do what you now label “tEh sCoRcHeD eArF!”

2 Likes

PS, as a reminder:

2007 called. It want’s it’s “it’s teh map” excuse back.
https://www.engadget.com/2007-06-12-why-does-the-horde-always-lose-alterac-valley.html

Basically, the Horde says that the Alterac Valley map favors Alliance, since Horde have to make it past the bridge chokepoint and the Stormpike graveyard is more secluded and defended than Frostwolf. The Alliance, on the other hand, blame the Horde’s perennial losses on AFK people, a defeatist attitude, and a lack of defense, and note that Horde seemingly has no problems steamrolling Alliance in WSG and AB. In response, the Horde has issued a challenge for Blizzard to flip the AV map and see if the Horde’s win-loss ratio doesn’t turn around.

Now read that first paragraph, and rollaround in ity :poop:y goeyness.

2018 weighed in:
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2451759-What-side-was-alterac-valley-or-PVP-in-general-biased-towards

2 Likes

You should probably read what I actually said.

Which is what I’ve always said, games didn’t become almost all zergs until after reinforcements.

Backpedal more.

2 Likes

The only thing I remember about Vanilla AVs was fighting in the field of strife for like 2 hours straight.

1 Like

You failing at reading comprehension doesn’t mean I’m back pedalling :slight_smile:

I’ve clearly explained that on my battlegroup games were typically not zergs or alliance trapped north of SHGY until after reinforcements.

If your battlegroups was different that’s fine, I can’t speak to your experience.

I see, I must have misread this as you having the same experience as Hawne. Clearly I am the one with the issue with reading comprehension.

In before “well, that depends on your definition of “basically””.

1 Like

And you fail at convincing any of us that you aren’t a lying hypocrite. Keep backpeddling.
troll harder bro

1 Like

Maybe you guys just need to git gud at reading and try harder. Clearly that’s the only explanation for a problem right?

Oh you know it, but that is to be expected from such a knowledgeable Stormpike’ian tactician such as yourself.

And YET, as you keep being reminded of… AB and WSG.

Your logic is crazy.

But according to ziryus the alliance that play AV are not the same players that play the other BGs.

So which is it?

3 Likes

But they are :slight_smile: if you don’t understand why all players have the exact same options for what BG’s they can queue for…

1 Like

They were the same players until they gave up on an imbalanced bg. We’re supposed to believe these players couldn’t win AV, but the same players do fine on the other two maps.

1 Like

So the alliance players A, B, and C all play pvp. A is good at PvP B at least try to pvp, players C just leach and afk to get carried to their goals.

Player A left AV after premading was killed (without a single complaint about map imbalance…) Player B will go into AV until they have what they need from it. Player C plays almost nothing but AV because it’s so easy to put in minimal effort and still get decent rewards.

This is what happened to AV.

Player A left, player B is sometimes there, and player C is infesting AV for alliance.

The map has some things that should be fixed. But it is not the primary cause of the 98% loss rate that you try to make it out to be.

If the map was such a big deal why would it still become popular on AV weekend for alliance, let alone the huge jump alliance get in winrates when more A and B players are playing in it on AV weekend?

The map (SFGY Rez at ASGY) accounts for maybe a 40/60 split at most. The rest is player made issues.