AV Cave Rez situation

The version of AV we have is as much a part of the vanilla experience as the version you want.

While offering both would be fine, the version we have is true to vanilla and consistent in general to pick the end result of vanilla basically being a beta test for a lot of things. A test which early AV failed.

You still haven’t answered my earlier question about why it should be a choice of both, when you claim that the “same issues” (racing, etc) exist in it. You have completely ignored answering what would be the downside of having KR and only KR.

And yet the “museum” of vanilla did not get the version that blizzard felt best represented vanilla AV, the version they used for the 15th anniversary.

1 Like

This thread has the 3rd most replies on this forum.

Yeah, but it is the same handful of posters.

1 Like

This thread to massive :sweat_smile: can’t read it all… Yes Av has always been in favor for the horde, but hey alli still win sometimes. Its far to late to fix Av, alliance have already accepted that Av is not a place for them so not afk’ing and working as a team is just a lost memory of days passed. The battle ground is much to quick for the size of it. Alliance used to win much more in vanilla as there was more opportunity to overcome the disadvantages because of the longer battles. The spirit of Av is long gone. you’ll never get those days back from vanilla it was like a game in a game. Instead of standing in stormwind lfm to do a dungeon you would be lfm to go on stealth mission or Locking down a bunker for 2hours, it was very fun and I have very fond memories of that time. I was very disappointed when Av was released in classic and it was nothing not even a tiny bit like the old days oh well :older_adult:

welp

Because choice is fine, there’s people like you who want 1.5 and that’s fine. The downside of only having 1.5 is that we would only have 1.5. Which despite what some people think actually wasn’t very popular in vanilla which is of course why it was changed in the first place.

I know you don’t like that fact but it’s a flat out fact. And the reasons they gave for this version in classic are exactly why it was changed during vanilla. It was a failure as a map in practice.

Because they don’t feel 1.5 is the best representation of AV. Not only did it not exist for any longer than the version we have it was changed during vanilla.

It was released in retail as a novelty, a gimmick.

It was done because people were using outside unapproved third party addons for getting premades. and the Addon was disallowed to both sides so that neither Horde or Alliance could use them in AV

Hence fair play for both sides.

Except that was how it worked in vanilla.

Either #nochanges or not. And if not then the changes horde wanted shouldn’t be any more relevant than the changes alliance want.

If i run a raid consistently with Rogues pretending to be tanks for all bosses, then wipe 19 times out of 20 on each boss…

Must be Blizzards fault

2 Likes

If blizzard removed warriors, bears and pallies from alliance with no replacements but left for horde yes it would 100% be blizzard’s fault.

1 Like

And that nefarious addon is called . . . DISCORD!

I miss Discord. So sad that Blizzard broke it.

2 Likes

But they haven’t, and Blizzard has done nothing to hamper Alliance chances for victory

This about alliance players making an active choice to not engage winning strats’ and then blaming the map for their own lack of effort.

The problem resides behind the keyboards of Alliance players and has absolutely nothing to do with the AV map.

2 Likes

Looks like we have another winner, here.

This one’s kinda’ funny, though.

Yeah at this point he’s just amusing.

He’s right though. They werent horde changes, they were AV changes.

The change that needs to happen is with alliance pugs. Case closed.

They were AV changes requested by horde.

The horde is a fictional plot device to allow people to play orcs, zombies and trolls in a made up war against humans and elves. Its not an actual coalition of people who identify as Thralls war boys to lobby for game changes.

Its not real dude. Wake up.

Edit: Plenty of “alliance” lobbied for these changes as well. Go read the threads.

1 Like

They were changes that made because they violated the TOS, hence the perfectly even balance of the change since it put everyone on the same level playing field.

The map which , has been said so often before but rarely listened to by some Alliance players…is fine

Yeah dude cant figure out that if they actually listened to faction complaints to drive game changes they would have had their desired changes already. Obviously thats not how it works.

Totally clueless doesnt even begin to describe it.