AV Cave Rez situation

welp

Because choice is fine, thereā€™s people like you who want 1.5 and thatā€™s fine. The downside of only having 1.5 is that we would only have 1.5. Which despite what some people think actually wasnā€™t very popular in vanilla which is of course why it was changed in the first place.

I know you donā€™t like that fact but itā€™s a flat out fact. And the reasons they gave for this version in classic are exactly why it was changed during vanilla. It was a failure as a map in practice.

Because they donā€™t feel 1.5 is the best representation of AV. Not only did it not exist for any longer than the version we have it was changed during vanilla.

It was released in retail as a novelty, a gimmick.

It was done because people were using outside unapproved third party addons for getting premades. and the Addon was disallowed to both sides so that neither Horde or Alliance could use them in AV

Hence fair play for both sides.

Except that was how it worked in vanilla.

Either #nochanges or not. And if not then the changes horde wanted shouldnā€™t be any more relevant than the changes alliance want.

If i run a raid consistently with Rogues pretending to be tanks for all bosses, then wipe 19 times out of 20 on each bossā€¦

Must be Blizzards fault

2 Likes

If blizzard removed warriors, bears and pallies from alliance with no replacements but left for horde yes it would 100% be blizzardā€™s fault.

1 Like

And that nefarious addon is called . . . DISCORD!

I miss Discord. So sad that Blizzard broke it.

2 Likes

But they havenā€™t, and Blizzard has done nothing to hamper Alliance chances for victory

This about alliance players making an active choice to not engage winning stratsā€™ and then blaming the map for their own lack of effort.

The problem resides behind the keyboards of Alliance players and has absolutely nothing to do with the AV map.

2 Likes

Looks like we have another winner, here.

This oneā€™s kindaā€™ funny, though.

Yeah at this point heā€™s just amusing.

Heā€™s right though. They werent horde changes, they were AV changes.

The change that needs to happen is with alliance pugs. Case closed.

They were AV changes requested by horde.

The horde is a fictional plot device to allow people to play orcs, zombies and trolls in a made up war against humans and elves. Its not an actual coalition of people who identify as Thralls war boys to lobby for game changes.

Its not real dude. Wake up.

Edit: Plenty of ā€œallianceā€ lobbied for these changes as well. Go read the threads.

1 Like

They were changes that made because they violated the TOS, hence the perfectly even balance of the change since it put everyone on the same level playing field.

The map which , has been said so often before but rarely listened to by some Alliance playersā€¦is fine

Yeah dude cant figure out that if they actually listened to faction complaints to drive game changes they would have had their desired changes already. Obviously thats not how it works.

Totally clueless doesnt even begin to describe it.

I wouldnā€™t say clueless I would say they want the map to be balanced in a way that even with 20 alliance basically afk they still win 50% of the time. Aka massively favor the alliance.

Current map conditions have not changed since vanilla and PS design of 1.12 AV when alliance had the 70+% win rate. The player base has changed, and with it massively less effort on the alliance side for winning AV.

Clearly alliance should be able to win a 20vs40 AVā€¦

1 Like

Korrakā€™s Revenge is not 1.5.

Raids were ā€œnot very popularā€ in vanilla either. Perhaps you should hearken back on when you were repeatedly reminded that "popular "is not a metric for good game design.

What, that AV was not played as frequently as the other 2 BGs?
Again: popular is not a metric for quality

And yet the 15th anniversary used Korrakā€™s Revenge to represent vanilla AV.
And yet as evidenced by this and all the other threads on the subject: AV 1.12 is the worst version of them all.

Korrakā€™s Revenge is not 1.5.

And it was something that people were pleading for to be put into classic, with only you yourself arguing for 1.12 AV. Which now you whine about incessantly, while TO THIS DAY pushing back against any discussion of older AV.

You are AV 1.12ā€™s biggest fan. Glad you are enjoying it ever so much.
That is, if you actually play classic and are not here simply to troll AV threads, like you did pre release. Do you actually play classic, zyrius?

edit: and you still never actually answered what about Korrakā€™s Revenge would be worse than what we have now. You just vaguely waved your hand and espoused ā€œthe same issues, something somethingā€ without actually explaining just what the heck you were referring to.

You are a button pushing retailer. Period.

3 Likes

Yet Iā€™ve said multiple times i donā€™t care if they add 1.5 as an option, for some reason you donā€™t like that(I assume because you know that just like in vanilla it wouldnā€™t be very popular)

And further more what it proved when they did rerelease 1.5 was that it does nothing to solve any of the issues currently being experienced in classic AV.

Yep, still dodging the question I see.

What is it about Korrakā€™s Revenge that would be worse than what we have now? SPECIFICALLY.
(korraks revenge is not 1.5)

1 Like

Ignoring that Iā€™ve said I have no issues simply offering both versions but you for reasons youā€™ve refused to explain donā€™t like that option.

The reasons it was changed in the first place in vanilla. It wasnā€™t popular then and I was glad it was updated.