AV Alliance Bubble? really is it a joke

Good news: tBC coming :sunglasses:

If we get enough people to unsub temporarily, it might come sooner!

Horde can’t “Do the same thing” because of premade groups (an entire issue all of it’s own). Horde also shouldn’t be asked to exploit just because the Alliance do. This probably won’t be resolved anyway. We’ve had radio silence even though 80% of the threads are about these issues.

2 Likes

No, it’s a strategy. Another thread says that Horde can do the same thing, and even explains HOW the horde players can do it. I won’t tell you how, because I won’t play the game for you.

Blizzard won’t play the game for you either. They won’t change the rules every time your opponents figure out a new strategy. It’s up to you to play the game.

Or you can sit here demanding that Blizzard play it for you.

1 Like

They did make a solution in burning crusade called shattering throw.

It’s exploitation of game mechanics. It’s clear and simple, and the alliance players doing mental gymnastics to justify it, or somehow claim that it isn’t an exploit, are wrong and they know that they’re wrong. Some method to deal with the exploitation doesn’t somehow negate that the content is being completely subverted.

If it’s left unchanged, AV is a dead battleground. It will be a travesty if alliance players who are currently abusing this exploit don’t have their honor rolled back. Crying furious tears about wpvp or horde racials has absolutely no relevance to abusing game mechanics to circumvent content and claim rewards.

Crying furious tears about something that is not cheating or an exploit will get you nowhere.

1 Like

Crying furious tears about something that is not cheating or an exploit will get you nowhere.

That’s definitely your hope.

This game is trash and blizzard doesn’t care. Not sure why that is a shock to anyone at this point.

I mean, they literally fixed it so you couldn’t do this in 2.3 because this was an issue.

It went by largely unnoticed in Vanilla due to ranking being over, and bg weekends being out. So, this is an issue that is NOT vanilla like. During the most active ranking times this was not the meta in Vanilla. Additionally, this is an earlier phase BEFORE they implemented this version of AV. Since they decided to keep the mounts not consistent with patch 1.12, they should do the same with AV.

Again, just admit that since it benefits you you’re fine with it. Stop coming up with weak argument after weak argument to skew your nonsense into something logical.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Alliance players seem to be quite lazy at the moment. They either want a guaranteed win, or they roll over for 30 min and get farmed or simply jump in a corner somewhere.

I don’t mind losing a match if folks play for the objective and if actual PvP happens. A loss with 2k or 3k bonus honor (along with however many HKs you rack up) is still fun. The most fun BGs for me are the ones that last for like 45-60 minutes, and were a tug of war all the way until the end.

1 Like

I wont admit something that isn’t true. Something doesn’t need to benefit me like that for me to enjoy it, so please stop projecting.

The version of AV you are referencing when that change was made (2.3) is when AV started to become a game you could win without killing the general. The game just changed, I dont think its fair to say just because it was changed it was considered an issue by blizzard.

1 Like

Those are the AVs I remembered and loved to play, it could go either way during the match. Now it’s who can setup a pre-made (not a traditional one, but one set on a discord and using fast re-queue times to get enough into a match with like minded people) rush to Galv, rush to Drek and over in 7-8 minutes and not needing to take a GY or Tower to assist like it was in the beginning of BGs.

I play Horde, not for the PvP ability’s but because they have Shaman, a class I have been playing pen and paper, then EQ, EQ2 & WoW going on 35 years. While my second class I play warrior is a option if I re-rolled, I must maintain my raid character. I also prefer to play the map, take objectives and go where needed but lately it’s demoralizing that Horde have given up to the pre-made teams that the few pug alliance we run into are now 30/70 win loss.

I think that’s exactly what is fair to say - the game was changed because the issues that were brought to life were then highlighted and Blizzard realized it was an issue.

Just like all the other changes they’ve made in classic to prevent the modern gamer from capitalizing in a way that was never actually intended such as:

Mob Tagging not working

Grave Yard AV Change (but again that benefited you so you’re probably fine with it)

Spell Batching

Old mount purchase system but not old mount types

Preventing of sheeping/interfering with an already tagged mob to prevent griefing.

AH delivery of funds

This current playstyle is not what was intended. But again, I’m pointing out simple logic to someone who doesn’t want it because “their side” is “winning”.

It doesn’t benefit anyone - not your faction or mine.

Perhaps we’ve never met in AV. I lose at least 9/10 of the matches I’m in!

I think that is horde’s beef with AV.

Either make it so it’s pug v pug or fix queues. Having a 40 min queue to hit a premade that ends in 7 minutes is awful.

At least that’s my perspective. Alone, either is okay (as long as exploits aren’t used), but combined and you have a modern problem that wasn’t a thing back then and therefore requires addressing.

What is going on now really isn’t in the"Spirit of the Game", it’s borderline exploit, which blizzard does fix in a later patch of the game. So they do acknowledge it and we know this by reading past versions of AV patch notes. But that wasn’t fixed until TBC which is around the time that Alliance boycotted AV I believe I read in another post.

So if the Horde wants something changed they could just stop queuing for AV which would increase Alliance queue times and wPvP to recoup the honor that they would somewhat lose if they are just waiting for the BG to pop. If on a PvE server however, ya you just lost anyway to regain the boycott AV. Sadly doubtful Horde would boycott AV and it will just remain as is until or if we ever did move into TBC expansion.

Horde win almost nearly every AV but they want to remove premades and this so called “exploit” so they never lose a single AV. Horde saying they complain cause they care about both factions are lying. They just don’t like the Horde losing a single AV ever.

1 Like

I am 2-19 today in AV as a Horde so saying Horde win almost every AV is a lie. 17 of those loses where against true pre-made Alliance groups mostly from Faerlina (sorry if I misspelled). Eliminating pre-made and putting them into the Alliance general population like the Horde would only allow the match’s that are a guarantee loss for Alliance a chance to go 50 / 50 and wouldn’t start undermanned in a match. It’s weird, everyone seems to say this side or that side win’s more often, I must be on the wrong side of the equation that everyone else says is happening.

lol Alterac Valley Adjustments Incoming

Sorry premades.

All those that said “Doesn’t matter, they aren’t gonna change anything,” oh man, this is so good. mmmm yes the tears, so delicious.

1 Like

‘skilled alliance’

oh I lol’d