Automatically have all the mounts?

I’m on Starter Edition (money’s tight, don’t @ me), and I’ve been grinding up characters on my new account to get all the basic racial mounts. I bought like 5 sets, but when I bought my latest set today, my mount collection had every basic Horde mount. When I switched to an Alliance alt, I found they knew all the basic Alliance mounts as well. Neither of them had any Pandaren mounts.
I’m confused.
Do Starter Editions get all the basic mounts automatically now?
Is this a bug?
Do paid editions also get all the basic mounts, regardless of whether they bought them in-game?

A while ago it was changed so that if a faction mount was learned, you also learned the opposite factions mount at the same time. Don’t remember what patch though.

1 Like

But I haven’t learned all of either faction’s mounts yet. All I bought so far are sabers, rams, horses, elekks and kodos. I’m all over the place.

Is the Starter Account your only game license? Or do you have a paid license that’s simply lapsed?

Starter account is my only license.

Night Elf’s Horde equivalent is Undead.

Dwarf’s equivalent is Troll.

Human = Orc

Draenei = Blood Elf

Tauren = Gnome

The two races’ mounts you don’t seem to have, Worgen and Goblin, are each other’s equivalents (I’m reasonably sure of this).

7 Likes

What patch? I need to know for a ticket reply regarding this issue

To be clear, it depends on the Mount. Which one are you having an issue with? You’d be better off starting a new thread with the details of your issue as no two issues are exactly alike.

1 Like