Automated Responses

that entire rant had nothing to do with WoW.
…it was about another game, and totally unrelated to the topic.

(when someone is willing to post that amount of unrelated blabber, i’m going to go out on a limb and assume this is how they write tickets… just so they can complain about “bad service”) :joy:

2 Likes

ohhhh, I was so confused,thanks for clearing that up for me.

For the record, I have had nothing but good experiences with CS in this game in my 14 plus years of playing.

Not only are they understaffed, but also we have ton of players making tickets daily for dumb issues they can resolve on their own. Tickets should be last resort, which lot of people don’t get, so half or more than half tickets are waste of time.

So on top of players making unneccessary tickets, they’re understaffed and I wouldn’t be surprised if Activision hired cheap labor, not even from US, to answer tickets. All that combined comes to a situation where your important issue that you can’t resolve on your own to take 4-5 days to resolve.

1 Like

the two times i appealed my forum vacations (out of around nine) the replies were reminiscent of those old mail-merge letters my high school mailed out to parents back in the late 1980s

Because it is. These systems are made to desperately try to reduce tickets through multiple filters, to try making it so “you have to be this desperate to open a ticket”

1. Can you load the ticket menu?(doesn’t always load, and fonts can get quite bad)
  2. Can you find an answer to your problem yourself?
  3. Can you navigate your way through this system to figure out how to actually open a ticket?
  4. You seem exhausted from 3, are you sure you still wanna open a ticket?
  5. Fine, write your ticket.
1 Like

I’ve never gotten an automated response. Forum support tickets have always been really helpful and personalized.

2 Likes

i saw a blue post a while ago which showed a fairly extreme example of this.

some dude had something like 16 active tickets, and this seemed to be fairly standard for them… but they were upset that they’d been threatened with account action for harassing GMs. :crazy_face:

here’s one which was a little more tame, but shows a tiny bit of the level of derp GMs have to deal with.

people want to shake their fist at the GMs, but they’re angry at the wrong people.

it’s the karens who created this situation for everyone.

2 Likes

Yeah, if people stopped making tickets for issues that can be reSolved without GM help, we’d have much shorter wait times.

When you start to notice that one GM can do things and another says they cannot, it starts to raise an eyebrow. and it doesn’t appear to be overwhelming tickets but more likely overwhelming laziness and probably bitterness too.

getting different answers from different people, sounds more like an issue with poor training… yet for some reason, you’re going to assume it’s a personal issue?

i see you still haven’t mentioned what your issue is/was.

2 Likes

I don’t think half their employee’s speak or read English to be honest hence those replies.

It’s not even copy/pasted anymore - software looks for keywords and emails pat answers. It’s only looked at by a person a round or two after that. Which is why I do things like this -

“Thank you ever so much for your prompt response. While I appreciate the time and effort you put in to responding, if you could be so kind as to actually read my question I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and have a lovely day.”

:cookie:

3 Likes

Their scripts probably are set to seek keywords. Only time out of 5 they seemed to do anything was when I copy pasted the terms of use proving I wasn’t in the wrong. Could have been solved instantly using human logic but the scripts are money saving.

1 Like

Customer service everywhere is suffering.

I spent 2 and a half hours on hold the other day to report that a truck pulled my interweb wires down only to have the tech tell me that he had to test my signal. He came back and reported that it was still sending strong and was confused when I told him that was great news for my tomato plants since the end of the wire was in the middle of my garden.

Two days later they sent a tech who didn’t have any ladders or a bucket because they told him it was a problem w/ my modem.

5 Likes

The sad thing is, it’s probably not automated. I’ve started a new role in my company recently, a high level “customer service” role, where most of the time when I have to deal with real people contacting us, I have to scan their email for keywords and send them a template response explaining how we aren’t going to help them and why we aren’t going to help them, even though helping them would take less time than getting the right information in the template.

Some corporations just don’t care.

5 Likes

I mean, they broke guild recruitment back in the realm mergers - AND IT’S STILL NOT FIXED. That’s a bigger problem than any hotfix they have done in the last month. Crazy bad.

Don’t do mergers if you break guilds… you caused it, you fix it.

Newsflash! The rebootl to Attack of the Killer Tomatoes: Internet Edition will be coming to a theatre near you after they hijack Stompy’s internet to order supplies.

3 Likes

i’m going to disagree with your theory.

i’ve had at least 2 issues in the last 6 months, both were dealt with on the first contact.

one was with the long-standing bug of being capped on artifact fragments via garrison missions, and not being to be able to solve artifacts because the race was still locked and couldn’t be unlocked without GM assistance.

the other was a request to have mail bounced back to me.
(the instant i hit “send”, i discovered that i’d goofed and sent it to a character on a trial account who wouldn’t have been able to loot it) :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ah, I was referring to customer service in general - not specifically Blizzard (who I haven’t contacted in some years actually).

i also want to thank you for referencing:

i was starting to feel like i hallucinated this movie, people think i’m drunk (or worse) when i mention it!

3 Likes