Autokicked

thats like 300gold on my gdkp! how dare you waste my time!

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court, a plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time."
Fyodor Karamazov

Just do what you can, we were all there once. Most of the time I don’t mind carrying undergeared players in regulars, they’re easy at this point. But then again, i don’t run many regulars except as needed by a guildie.

You’re probably running into groups that are judging you because they are uncertain of their abilities. Do your best, and don’t get discouraged, we were all there.

Tip: see if you can join a guild’s “alt night” for older raids. Let them know you’re a new 70 looking for a carry, and get the loot you can.

I dont wanna know what it would be like as a fresh 70 resto shaman in BGs rn. At least he can Bloodlust the group before he dies.

i did say it WILL hurt

1 Like

I suppose its better than being a fresh 70 ele or enhance shammy. But i agree either way, a worthwhile grind for some upgrades. AVs wont be too bad.

Spamming AV right now, win or lose, could net you thousands and thousands of honor on a bad night. It might be a decent alternative to grouping until you get your pools up a bit.

4 Likes

Check out rep gear and the AH like Cauchy said. And if you have professions you can craft some very good pieces.

1 Like

Its totally possible to do normal instances in half greens(maybe not MGT), but will cause problems if its the healer or the tank and if the group wants to do it fast then they will remove anyone who looks like they wre there to be carried. Netherstorm, shadowmoon and parts of other zones(blades edge, skettis) have lvl 70 quests and give blue rewards that are just as good if not better in some cases than normal instance loot. Look at a pre raid phase 1 BIS list.
Most people don’t start normals in half green gear even if they were boosted all the way to 70, get good quest rewards which will make doing instances you need easier.

1 Like

Appreciate all the advice in this thread.

I picked up the pvp honor set from the 5 quartermasters and and that at least brought my mana up another K. A very nice warlock helped me with some group quests in netherstorm and I was able to grab one of the recommended pre-raid rings. I was able to solo most of the nagrand group quests (by waiting 20 minutes for a fresh earth elemental over and over…) and was able to pick up a totem. Getting closer!

I’ve been trying in BGs but, my lord, it is rough. My main contribution to any group fight is to frost shock the guy who’s trying to run away and bloodlust. One WSG the enemy team had 2 guys who both had glaives! I felt like a snowman fighting the devil.

AV isn’t so bad but riding north for 6 minutes is not a lot fun either, so whatever. I’ll try to grind enough honor for a weapon at least, seems like one of the more impactful pieces.

So long as I can gear up enough to see a few raids before wrath I’ll be happy, and it seems doable.

1 Like

its just faster to get pvp gear imo
just queue into AV til your nose starts bleeding or rotate through marks
you will be in full merciless gear which will be better than most things you can get in this game

1 Like

For normal MGT? Its very easy, so easy I don’t even bring tanks,

They are looking at your HP and they know what your gear is like

2 Likes

Make sure your stuff is gemmed and enchanted. Blue quality gems are pretty cheap. Except red, just get orange/green/purp if the gear is going to be replaced soon. There are cheaper enchants and armor kits that are not best but better than none.

Just quoting this so you know I saw it.

2 Likes

Bingo. My first purchase.
Don’t forget the pvp tower dailies and daily battleground win, bonus 950 honor each.

You can also try forming the group yourself. Cant get kicked if your the leader.

OP, it’s 100% your HP and Mana pool. It’s the easiest way to fast check people in dungeons. Not may people like to carry others for free. I don’t personally mind, I carry people because I’m a near end game bis tank :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lol, so you solod that gear, and spent no gold on that gear? Unless your able to 4 man it then no one is getting carried, if anyone is doing the carrying, its the healer

1 Like

Godspeed

1 Like

I healed a normal MGT om a fresh 70 paladin with

8k hp (with kings)
8k mana (with kings more with int buff)

500 spell damage
700 healing

2 trinkets that give +100 (or more spell/healing power)

13% holy crit

If people did the fights correctly I could flash of light with the occasional holy light and everything was ok for easy trash pulls I could consecration once to exist on the damage meter

If people made mistakes it was harder to recover because I didnt have a huge amount of mana for holy light spam and my flash of light wasnt so good at healing dps.

We did clear the instance 1 wipe at the pillars boss and 1 wipe at council boss

1 Like