Auto quest tracking - help

So when i first came back I was on a starter account, and whenever I picked up a new quest it would automatically be tracked (quest objective/text under the minimap).

After getting my ‘real’ account reactivated, I’ve noticed that this is no longer happening. I have to open my map/quest log each time I get a new quest and manually track it. Needless to say this is a little tedious especially on a lower levle character where i’m getting constant new quests.

I’ve looked through system and interface options and I cant seem to find anything to turn auto quest tracking back on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I’m having the same issue. Seems it just recently started happening. Pls advise.

1 Like

Found this in an earlier thread. Try this command;

/run SetCVar(“autoQuestWatch”, 1) ReloadUI()

Copy pasting that into chat doesnt seem to work…

Hit return, then paste that line in, hit return. If you see a reload screen for a few seconds, the command worked.

If you mean the command itself worked but it did not fix the problem, that will be weird. Try disabling any addons, stuff like that.

Yea, the first time i tried it i got a warning about activating a custom script, hit accept, after that putting it in does absolutely nothing

does this even work?

Not for me

1 Like

i tried it and its not even working. i dunno what to do. this is very buggy and irritating at the sametime. I didnt have this issue before. Im trying to level this toon and after i pick up and turn in quests I have to open my log and click track. very annoying.

1 Like

the addon advanced interface option has a way to turn it on in the cvar browser.

1 Like

Whats the name of the add-on? I have twitch for my add ons.

advanced interface options

~https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/advancedinterfaceoptions~

1 Like

With this advanced interface add on, how do you turn auto track off?? My settings got reset and I don’t want auto track… it’s annoying. Any thoughts?

you change the setting from 1 to 0 in the cvar broswer.

I am having the opposite issue here. I want to turn off the auto quest track feature and use the monkeyquest addon instead. I tried to use the script that has been posted here, replacing the 1 with a 0, and it doesn’t work. Is there a way? Please help. Thanks.

After putting in the script (1 for on 0 for off ) type reload anb it works

I just recently had this problem and after looking around and a couple times of trial and error… you have to type in:

/console autoQuestWatch 1

then /reload or restart the game, or restart the computer. a GM said these three options should improve. I didn’t know reloading the UI could help at the time when I fixed it, I just restarted the game and it worked. so thankful I found it. hope this helps.

25 Likes

Just came to report that this worked for me, thanks!!

5 Likes

thank you, it worked for me.

Worked for me! Thank you for this, bless you!