Authenticator

I do not receive SMS texts from blizzard, or the blizzard authenticator. I’ve since managed to remove the authenticator from my account, so I am atleast able to finally log in on the website and thus make this post and open a ticket with CS.

I’ve attempted a wide spectrum of things to fix this. I currently am using a google pixel 6 pro, I’ve done everything the help section suggests with not being able to receive texts. I have re-installed the authenticator app multiple times, i’ve cleared cache and storage multiple times. I’ve restarted my phone, i’ve done a soft reset on my phone.

I use Authy as authentication for different programs and am receiving those sms texts, as well as regular texts, and other sms texts from separate sources. My issue seems to be only associated with Blizzard specifically.

If anyone has any other suggestions I am happy to hear them, I don’t know what to do at this point.

Normal monthly plan or pay as you go plan?
If burner phone and/or no monthly plan the system will reject the phone as a non authenticator phone .

Good luck.

It’s a normal monthly plan, regular phone account with a number of other phones on it.

1 Like

Just have to wait on your ticket.
Again good luck.

Which carrier?

Verizon - Pixel 6 Pro, if I didn’t mention it above. I’ve even tried switching to a different messaging app. I’m still getting other texts/sms messages, but nothing from blizzard.

Have you tried the authenticator app instead? It’s been much more reliable than SMS for me for many years.

Yes, this is the exact issue.

I cannot tie the authenticator app to my account, because it requires sending me an SMS code to confirm/authorize.

Ah, I guess it has been so long since I set it up that I don’t remember that step at all.

Are you sure you’re not on a prepaid Verizon plan? They do offer them, even for family plans.

I’m having the same issue with not receiving SMS messages from Blizzard. I have never changed my phone number. My best guess is that it’s a bug that may have to do with the new iOS 16 update.

I’m 90% sure it’s not a pre-paid plan, i’ll double check, but pretty sure.

I got a response to my ticket, which was basically a non-response telling me that the CS rep had removed the authenticator from my account. Which is impressive because I had already had the authenticator removed from my account prior to making the ticket, and they made no reference or response to the actual reason I made the ticket.

So, it’s not even 8 am and I already feeling like punching a wall. Does blizzard ever look at the tech support forum? or am I just hosed?

I would like to pile on to this thread. Exact same issue. Tried adding an authenticator so i could create a group in pre-made group finder which is almost a key game feature if you run M+. Cant setup the authenticator because it requires an SMS code. Blizzards response was to “add a phone number to your account and enable messages” which i can’t do because attempting to add a phone number requires sending you a code to verify your number which i am not getting. I get SMS short codes from literally everyone else. Banks, work VPN, Comcast, you name it. But not Blizzard and it seems a lot of people are having the same issue. I have a S22 Ultra on Xfinity Mobile (verizon), and the carrier has confirmed that short code messages are turned on and no numbers are blocked. Your move Blizz…

There are posts on the CS forum, here, and other Blizz forums that match. It seems there is an issue that started yesterday-ish. It is being investigated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.