Cant Receive SMS texts from Blizzard

G’day,

ok so I have an physical authenticator however since we recently moved it is misplaced :slight_smile: I tried to switch to the phone app authenticator however the account had my old phone number. When i try to add my phone number i do NOT receive any SMS texts from Blizzard.

I have restarted my phone, turned off all spam blockers and still nothing.

Anyone else having this issue and a possible resolution???

Cheers,

You can submit a ticket here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1941/ticket

Mind you, ticket times are a little longer than usual right now. Last I saw it was at 3-4 days-ish but I’ve not seen an update either if it’s been whittled down any 5-7 days-ish.

If at all possible, I would advise you right off the bat to upload a copy of your legal ID (hoping here that your account information matches it). It’ll save a step in things. If the account information is outdated like your phone number, best to get that mentioned too so it can be addressed while you get your phone number issue handled.

Good luck with it!

3 Likes

It is actually up to around 5 to 7 days currently due to a great many things happening all at once.

1 Like

Ew, thank you. I missed that in all of the chaos around here these past few days.

so I have tried support for the past week and gotten response. It turns out their number was blocked , it was a 6 digit number.

cheers,

2 Likes

I’m having this same problem. I need an authenticator to create a group in premade group finder, which requires a code to be texted to me to setup the authenticator, but I don’t get the text. Blizzard’s response is to turn on messaging in my account, which requires me to add a phone number and get a code texted to me. What part of “IM NOT GETTING TEXTS FROM YOU” doesn’t Blizzard understand? My carrier has tried everything under the sun. Nothing is blocked and I get short code texts from other organizations, just not Blizzard. I don’t know who owns this problem, but a little transparency would go a long way…

3 Likes

I wonder if there is something going on with the setup. There is a thread on the Tech Support forum with similar complaints from the past day or so.

Same here. I can’t re-add my phone number or my authenticator (both were cleared out by a GM thinking clearing a cache would solve the issue). Clearly it only made it worse. Now I have an unprotected account and I am missing my bag spaces (trivial matter). Multiple tickets later, still no fix, only a “Sorry, there is nothing we can do about this.” Are you kidding me?!?!? I’ve been playing since 2007 and nothing like this has ever happened!

1 Like

they REALLY need to fix this if they are going to gate game features behind it. Seriously, either remove the pre-made group finder lock out or fix the problem. Blizzard’s customer service makes Comcast look like angels.

1 Like

You can use the pre made group finder, you just can’t make custom text edits to the title.

3 Likes

or they could just fix the problem or remove the requirement. controversial take, i know.

1 Like

There is currently an issue being looked into with SMS.

I don’t have any more updates at the moment - but it is being looked into.

5 Likes

Tried to add phone and authenticator this morning. verification text came through immediately! Success! Thanks for you help, Blizz!

8 Likes