Authenticator issue (trying to switch from physical to phone)

I’ve had a physical authenticator for years and want to change to phone notification since I know the battery on the physical one won’t last forever.

I tried to do this using the battle.net app on my phone, and started by removing the physical authenticator as directed in your instructions. When I try to link the app to my account, it keeps asking for a serial number as though I am attaching a physical authenticator, and I can’t get past that step.

I gave up and re-activated the physical authenticator as I don’t want to go without account security, but would appreciate some help in switching over entirely to phone verification so that I can stop using the physical authenticator. Thanks for any assistance.

The serial number from your physical one will not work for the mobile one. Use the physical one to remove it first after logging into the security account management. Then it should walk you through to add the mobile one. After you do, you will be prompted to get a screen shot of the new serial number, as well as a restore code.

You want this one also.

Not this one.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blizzard.bma&hl=en_GB

The second has been retired.

3 Likes