Authenticator always makes me enter the numbers

I have it checked not to in account settings
The website says i should be able to simply get a prompt in the authenticator that i can tap and approve the login, but i never get this option, only the RSA changing numbers.

I dont mind those but being dyslexic, i do get them wrong a lot
because they change fast so i have to read and type fast.

I am also Dyslexic so I totally feel your pain! D: takes me forever and im double checking the whole time through! Are you on android or iphone? And the OS? Reading up it seems some older OS devices aren’t supported for one touch anymore but still able to do it manually, not sure if thats still accurate today or not since the post was a year ago.

Check your App and see if the one-button option is available at the very bottom of the app on the code page. Does using that help?

1 Like

No, there such button on the app.
It was just downloaded from playstore Sunday
Android Phone

There is, it’s at the very bottom of the screen where your code is timed.

The other screen says “enter code manually” in the same spot. What version of Android are you using? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

1 Like

It could also be described as sort of a hyperlink. It’ll be just some blue letters that say “Use One-button” tapping on them will switch the app back to one-button mode.

I uninstalled the app, redownloaded it from playstore
Same, there is no anything, no blue letters, button, hyperlink or other.
Also the code and timer bar is at the top of the screen right below the battlenet logo.

Botton has a refresh icon in the bottom left and a copy code to clipboard button in bottom right.

And that is it aside from the blizzard background picture.

Battlenet Mobile Authenticator v1.1.3

Hmn, that’s strange. Current app version is 2.3.3, and that’s the version I see listed on the Play Store, too.

And your Android version? I don’t know if they have it broken up this way, but possible that your phone is too old?

1 Like

What your describing does sound like a very old version of the app. The latest version looks a bit different. You can see some screenshots of it - and the new circular layout - on the Google Store:

2 Likes

It does sound like you’re on an older version.

If it helps, here’s what mine looks like (actual screen caps from tonight):

2 Likes

No, mine does not look like that at all, but is what playstore gives me.

Phone runs kitkat, like most of the actually unbreakable phones, it does not have the very latest android

Ummmm Android Kitkat was released six years ago in 2013, it isn’t even supported by Google anymore. I don’t know what you mean by “actually unbreakable phones”, but you really shouldn’t be running that OS anymore. It isn’t secure at all. To put this into perspective, Android Kit Kat was version 4.0 and it’s final version was 4.4 released in 2014… the current version of Android is 10, that is six versions ago.

You are running a very old and outdated version of Android that has been obsolete for at least three years.

5 Likes

And that’s your fix action: get a more modern device, so that you can run a version of Authenticator which supports one-touch authentication. Otherwise, you’re stuck poking in numbers before they expire.

3 Likes

So… yeah. Your phone is most definitely too old. If you have even a newer tablet, those are capable of running the app, as well.

1 Like

Can, and has, hit ground at 60mph, does not break (but i did break, a lot), can sit in water eternally, as long as you screwed the port cover in.
Casing is rubber bonded metal, tempered glass screen is well below
the frame.

Some reason, these kinds of phones always tend to be using older android versions, but it’s more important that i have a phone that you cant break very easily.

Maybe i will just use the SMS protect since those pop up onscreen on the PC and i can probably just copy and paste those in.

It’s because the manufacturers stop supporting them beyond a certain point. It isn’t limited to just phones-- computers, gaming consoles, media devices. All of them become obsolete at some point and they get to be more expensive to maintain, and businesses are all about making money, not throwing it away.

If you do want to keep the Authenticator, which I strongly recommend, it doesn’t have to be even the latest mobile release or tablet, but anything within the last three years will probably be sufficent for your needs, and they can be found on the cheaper end of the spectrum as little as two lines ago.

3 Likes

SMS protect is not the same as the authenticator and is only for doing things like changing passwords.

2 Likes

Even the the brand new industrial phones are 2 and 3 android versions behind.

My guess is simply that the market for those does not have a great need for the absolute newest hardware etc, i doubt many buy them to play games etc, so they probably run with the same board design
until they have to change.

They dont exactly sell them at the at&t or sprint store, doubt they sell in large numbers like say a samsung galaxy or iphone.

Yea, i could probably buy a cheap walmart tablet, but seems a little silly as i literally wouldnt have a use for it aside from the authenticator

That is precisely why, they are specialty phones that are usually sold to industries like construction that have a need for them. It was kind of like the early tablets that came out in the 90s, they were only really used in the medical industry so they became tailored to that. It wasn’t until the iPad came out that people really started to look at the consumer sector.

Oh, guess i will just do my best at typing then.
It has not locked me out of WOW yet for not getting the password in right or in time.

Dyslexia is a pain in the butt lol

1 Like