Authentication Problem

TDLR… Is there any way to have 2 accounts authenticated using the same contact number?

OK. So I have 2 Bnet accounts, but only 1 cell phone number.

At one time I had switched my authenticator to the second account, which required me to disassociate my cell number with my primary account, adding it to the second.

Later I switched it all back.

Ive been playing on the same PC so long it hasn’t been an issue, but now, on a new PC My second account is asking for an Authenticator Code. I cannot access it, as my Authenticator is set to the 1st account.

To shut the authenticator off on the second account (when I log into settings online) it is asking for a phone number. My only cell is tied to my 1st account, so the error message reads: This phone number is already tied to another account.

I’d rather not remover either the authenticator or the phone number from my primary account, and I’d rather not get a second cell phone.

Any thoughts on how to do this? Is it possible? Or do I just need to swap the authenticator and number on whichever account I am prioritizing?

ps. this is the second account

This is the second

Let’s try to clear a little bit of this up and hopefully it will help.

Blizzard Phone Notifications is separate from having an authenticator on your account. The phone notification service can only ever be attached to one single battle.net account.

The Battle.net Authenticator can be attached on up to 3 different battle.net accounts.

You should have the option to open the ticket using some other methods too. For example, you should be able to attach a copy of your ID to the ticket to verify it’s you.

3 Likes

I’m afraid not. A phone number can only be associated with one Battle.net account.

An Authenticator can be used on up to three Battle.net accounts.

From what I can see the Authenticator on the second account was never removed. If you reset your mobile authenticator to use on that first account then you’ll need to have the previous one removed.

You should be able to submit a ticket here. Since you are unable to log into that account you’ll need to select the option that says you don’t have access to the email. That will allow you to submit ID verification.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try a ticket. If I have problems setting up the Authenticator on 2 accounts after I’m verified should I come back here or is it so obvious I’m a bit daft for screwing it up to begin with?

also… what’s the turn around time on these usually? If I’m just locked till its resolved that’s cool, but rather not stare at my PC for the next hours if its 24…

If you have an issue your best point of contact would be a ticket. Our Support staff should be able to help troubleshoot.

4 Likes

Thanks again for your help! Ticket did the trick!

5 Likes