Australian Users - access to https://account.blizzard.com/ not working?

If you are an Australian user, please try accessing the following URL:

https: // account . blizzard . com /
(Obviously, combine the link together)

I am curious if many other people are having the same problem with getting a blank page when attempting to access the site.

Do you get the same results going into My Account under the dropdown from your name at the top of this page?

Absolutely - manually accessing the URL or clicking the link yields the same negative result.

1 Like

Can I ask what browser you are using, and if you’ve tried from another browser - or device?

Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer on PC via home wireless and also a 4G connection.

Also tried Safari on iPad with 4G and WiFi. Same deal.

EDIT Update

Okay, it just got weird – I tried it from TOR Browser and it was the only one which worked of the five browsers I attempted!

Why it would only work on TOR Browser… hrm.

I just tried on Chrome and it worked fine

Great - thanks!

Super weird for me though. :thinking: I just tried it on my Windows 10 Laptop - doesn’t work on that either!

Profile broken? But that wouldn’t make sense if I get the same problem without even logging into the account…

You may want to try restarting your PC to see if this resolves the issue(s) you are experiencing.

The reason I state this is because I had an issue last week where the Forums wouldn’t load, But after restarting the issue resolved itself.

If after doing that and you are still experiencing issues, You’ll want to report this on the Website Bug Report Forum. This way it can be looked into further by the appropriate department.

Website Bug Report Forum:

2 Likes

Thanks, Xanlorash.

I have been troubleshooting this for the past 24 hours, so yes - the PC, Tablet, Phone and Laptop have all been restarted numerous times during this period.

What strikes me as super odd is that all devices (Which use Windows 7, Windows 10 and iOS 12 cumulatively) would produce the same problem - on various browsers and on two seperate network connections; when accessing the link without even logging into the Blizzard Account… only to be thrown a curveball when I use TOR Browser on my PC - which then works okay!

Have you tried rebooting your modem?

1 Like

Yes - sorry, should have mentioned that the Router has been restarted also.

Again, like I say - the curveball is why TOR Browser would be okay with connecting.

Heck, I can even log into battle.net, see my games, gifts - the PC App and Authenticator work fine - I can log in, log out - all the games work. <<< All these things work in every browser I try.

It’s isolated JUST to the “Account Settings” page - the icon with the Cog. ( Which is essentially a link to accounts . blizzard . com ) TOR is the only one that can access it. :thinking:

Since it’s two separate computers, cache issues seem highly unlikely… but have you done that just to make double double sure? Rare that both computers would have the same cache problems, but COULD happen if something changed slightly on those browsers and now they won’t connect correctly.

Browsers up to date?

Computers up to date?

What happens if you try something like this for the main account page?
https://account.blizzard.com/overview

On a silly note, because tech issues can be frustrating… have you fed the hamsters or let the magic smoke out of the computer by accident? :stuck_out_tongue:

the URL worked fine for us… have you tried clearing your chrome cookies?
chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

^ Yup, done the browser clear - even set up a new User folder in Chrome. No joy.

UPDATE - I can access it now on any device using the 4G Phone tether; just not WiFi / Ethernet.

I’ll be chasing this up with my ISP at this point I suppose.

Cheers for the help anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the update, Diavalo, please let us know if you find out what the cause is. I might also recommend posting in the Technical Support forum. The more tech savvy minded folks might have some troubleshooting ideas.

2 Likes

Seems it was a routing issue with the ISP ( I was able to confirm this by asking two family and friends who also have a Blizz account and use the same ISP - they had the same problem as me ) - the issue has ‘self-fixed’ itself today. :slight_smile:

Cheers for all the assistance given in here!

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem right now. I’m trying to get into my Account Settings page but all i get is a blank screen.
Tried pretty much everything said here but to no avail.

Is your ISP TPG by any chance, Irukhan?

I reset my modem one more time, and it worked this time. So, i guess?